Options

Vegas= worst fucken gig

goodrocgoodroc Posts: 118
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
"Well, I tell you, we played a, show last night, and um. We are a hard working band, we play a show just about every night. It was in Las Vegas, there were some health issues, it was the worst fuckin gig, this is great, thanks so much. The crowd was good, last night, but um, it was just a tough one, but to get your encouragement to come out, we appreciate it"

ive been to over 40 PJ shows- low member number - 74k -- been to 14 in last 6 months alone

This was by far the worst show i went too- still better then any band just bad by PJ standards

I knew it - but didnt see any posts about it - thought it was me -thought i might be burnt out -- thought im getting old

All i have to say is---Thank you ED ---i feel so much fucking better!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tarasotaraso Posts: 14
    I was a bit skeptical about downloading this show as per Eddies and others reaction to it. I'm glad I did cuz it ROCKS! Sure the first 5 songs or so Eddie croaks thru them sorta Jerry Garcia style...but then the show kicks into high gear and am surprised how Eddie regains his composure/voice and the band ROCKS!
  • Options
    complete bull shit. i was there, it was a great show, top notch...and the boot is great as well. eddie complains about his voice on several occasions but you really can't even tell
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I was at this show and I didn't think it was bad at all. I thought the band had alot of energy and the setlist was great. Little Sister and Fortunate Son were big surprises. I also loved that they ended with a long version of Porch instead of the usual Ledbetter or RITFW. I still got to hear RITFW and Ledbetter the next night in SD. The crowd was great in Vegas, some people were kinda dazed and not doing anything but that goes on at most shows.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    goodroc wrote:
    "Well, I tell you, we played a, show last night, and um. We are a hard working band, we play a show just about every night. It was in Las Vegas, there were some health issues, it was the worst fuckin gig, this is great, thanks so much. The crowd was good, last night, but um, it was just a tough one, but to get your encouragement to come out, we appreciate it"

ive been to over 40 PJ shows- low member number - 74k -- been to 14 in last 6 months alone

This was by far the worst show i went too- still better then any band just bad by PJ standards

I knew it - but didnt see any posts about it - thought it was me -thought i might be burnt out -- thought im getting old

All i have to say is---Thank you ED ---i feel so much fucking better!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, LA night 1 was the "worst" PJ show I've attended. It was almost identical to San Diego without the emotions of that night with "Long Road", etc. Las Vegas was a great show. I was worried about SD being subpar because of Eddie's voice but turns out it wasn't half bad. ;)
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    I can't speak for L.A., but the S.D. show was the best I've seen this Leg (DEN/L.V./S.D.). The band was in a zone that wasn't anywhere noticable in Vega$. The Denver shows, shorter sets and all, gave Vega$ a run for the money as well. There was a greater energy in the building in Denver, Tom Petty Fans and all!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    INVDDRLUSTINVDDRLUST Posts: 80
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Dude, LA night 1 was the "worst" PJ show I've attended. It was almost identical to San Diego without the emotions of that night with "Long Road", etc. Las Vegas was a great show. I was worried about SD being subpar because of Eddie's voice but turns out it wasn't half bad. ;)
    The show in LA night one was my FIRST concert and I loved it!
    If it sucked, OMG! I cant wait for the next one!
    The damn parking lot at the Forum wanted $20 in cash to park though, and I didnt have the cash, they tried to run us off in the middle of a traffic jam to find a bank! Thank goodness a totally awesome fan behind us helped us pay the balance over what we lacked in cash! Wish I knew who they were!!!!
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    linzpjamlinzpjam Posts: 36
    Vegas was my first show of the tour so I also had to wonder if it was just me or what? Am I getting old, burnt out, etc? I feel a little better with some validation, especially if that Ed quote is legit. Also adding to the energy and Ed's health issues were the unlucky 10C seats I happened to get. I hate to complain as it was just the luck of the draw but... My # is 164XXX and I was in section 15 (Mike's side, thank goodness), the 3rd row back from the floor, which happens to be level with the floor. They should have been great seats but every single person in my view line was extrememly TALL. I could barely see and even while bobbing back and forth I never once saw more than 2 band members at a time. The row right behind us (and ALL the other rows after that) had a perfect view because they were raised up over our heads. Is the stage at the MGM abnormally low or something? I can't remember a worse seat in over 25 shows. As far as the crowd goes, I actually heard everyone singing along the entire show and all sections around us were on their feet throughout, rockin' out. Anyway, I am looking forward to my next 6 shows - let's hear it for Portland!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The Vega$ show was my 10th, and while not my alltime favorite, it thought it rocked pretty hard. I was a little bummed out & worried with EV talking about a "bumpy ride"...but as he said "it's all heart".

On the boot the only really rough spot is at the end on porch's begining. I had a blast...
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    i really enjoyed the show. it was my 7th of the tour and 24th overall. i don't really like to make comparisons between shows, but it was great. in my opinion the only others of the tour i saw that were better were grand rapids and toronto 2.
  • Options
    from where i was (see picts) the crowd was great, i really have no clue what anyone is talking about when they say the "energy in vegas was low" or whatever. i had blast, danced and sang my ass off, honestly i could care less what the people around me are doing, i honestly didn't even notice. the band played great with tons of energy even though Ed was a little sick. great set list, all the standards plus a few rare jems

my 10c seats were great, middway back on the side, for my high number i was pleased. i'm just thankful i got to see the band in 2006, end of story

http://www.southfm.com/pj/01.jpg
    http://www.southfm.com/pj/02.jpg
    http://www.southfm.com/pj/03.jpg
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    to be honest, i was waiting for a post like this. i knew someone would take ed's words and then repeat that the vegas show sucked. i was there. the vegas show did not suck. the setlist was solid, with some nice surprises as well. ed's voice was a little off, but overall, the band was tight and the energy was definitely there from the crowd. i was in san diego as well. and i agree that san diego was better. but when ed started saying that vegas was tough, i was like "what the hell's he talking about? last night rocked!"

i'm not bashing the original poster, but i did find it amusing that he/she didn't want to post that he didn't like vegas until after ed 'backed him up'... everyone's opinion is equal and counts, no matter what the opinion actually is. dude, don't be afraid to say something negative. but saying it only after the 'lord and savior' of so many on this board said it... well, i guess it rings a little more hollow to me. but in all honesty, love all around to everyone on this board. we're all fans of the greatest band ever, so i respect everyone's opinions on here, even if there does seem to be some original thought lacking at times.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    Dr. JimmyDr. Jimmy Posts: 3
    I was one row in front of linzpjam and although the seats were not the best that I have gotten from 10C, they were still very good. I've been to several PJ shows over the past 12 years and thought this one was right up there with the best. ( It helps when they play Rats and Faithful !). I noticed towards the later part of the show that Eddie's voice disappeared a few times but not to the point where I would describe it as being "the worst fuckin' gig" that I have heard from them. The band was on fire and as far as I was concerned, there were no letdowns. My only complaint was with security kicking out the guys one row in front of me for being too boisterous. These guys were jumping up and down, dancing around, having a great time and along comes security and ends their night early. Complete B.S. Maybe the people directly behind them complained or something but I saw no reason for security to kick them out. I looked back a few times at section 15 and just about everybody was standing, singing, fist pumping each time I looked. Looking forward to the three night stand in SF. Here's to the best band in the world !
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Vegas was a good show. I went to both Vegas and SD, and it was apparent that Ed was in a MUCH better mood in SD.

I was drunk at Vegas (in 17 concerts, the 1st time I stepped over the edge), so I didn't enjoy it as much as other concerts. But that is my dumbass fault and that opinion cannot be taken into the actual effect of the show.

But, I still enjoyed the setlist. Faithfull was awesome! I was surprised as hell when the house lights kicked on during Porch.
  • Options
    O.K. Vegas definitely did not suck! I've seen Pj about 15 times between 1991- This past week

While Eddie did mention several times that He was having Health issues, We still got a great show. He is an amazing singer. If He did'nt say anything, I wouldnt have known.
    Like a previous poster mentioned, Rats and Faithfull!
    Not sure if anyone got those two songs in a set this tour, I thoroughly enjoyed Myself!

This show may have not measured up to the L.A Shows, but was still an amazing time.

I've noticed that people really have varied opinions on the same show. I really think it has a lot to do with the people sitting nearby and the individuals mood/state at the time.
  • Options
    i was not there. i heard the boot lastnight for the first time, and thought it was a really good show.

im spinning san diego as we speak, and just went through the part where ed said he hated the vegas show. anyway, san diego is better for sure, but vegas sounded like it rocked, i enjoyed the boot.

my 2 cents
    peace, love.