Pinata

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
this game rocks!!!

pinkids.jpg
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pinatas & cascarone ' tag' are Easter staples here in South Texas, gets really interesting when you add dollar bills to the pinata too ;)
  • pinatas & cascarone ' tag' are Easter staples here in South Texas, gets really interesting when you add dollar bills to the pinata too ;)
    didnt know that...find it so funny for kids..i saw some videos
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Nothing like rewarding little kids with candy and money for beating the shit out of something with a stick! :lol:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    pinatas & cascarone ' tag' are Easter staples here in South Texas, gets really interesting when you add dollar bills to the pinata too ;)
    I think they're pretty popular all over Texas. Birthdays and Easter. From what I've seen they're harder to break than you'd think. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • From what I've seen they're harder to break than you'd think. :lol:
    thats true!! :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    mca47 wrote:
    Nothing like rewarding little kids with candy and money for beating the shit out of something with a stick! :lol:

:lol:
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    It can be a rather dangerous game...
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • It can be a rather dangerous game...
    really?i see they do it alot in kids parties..
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    It can be a rather dangerous game...

I know :lol: It usually involves giving someone a bat to swing around while blindfolded, and attempting to find and hit the pinata. Sometimes it takes many swings and a bit of effort to crack that thing. Things can get dangerous :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • It can be a rather dangerous game...

I know :lol: It usually involves giving someone a bat to swing around while blindfolded, and attempting to find and hit the pinata. Sometimes it takes many swings and a bit of effort to crack that thing. Things can get dangerous :lol:
    got it..i think they giving plastic kind of bat,so no one get hurt
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    pinatas & cascarone ' tag' are Easter staples here in South Texas, gets really interesting when you add dollar bills to the pinata too ;)
    I think they're pretty popular all over Texas. Birthdays and Easter. From what I've seen they're harder to break than you'd think. :lol:

All of this is true. I grew up in Houston, and there was a pinata at every party. But I was one of the smallest kids, so when the damn thing finally broke, all the big kids jumped in and grabbed the most and the best candy before us little runts could get much. And yes it takes ages to break them - I think I remember an adult getting in and giving it the final death blow more than once.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • never fails, usually around 3 years old at least 1 child will start crying because your beating Nemo,Sponge Bob or Princess Gumball to death.

oh and yes, the person swinging is usually blindfolded and spun around so either another child gets smacked upside the head by the child swinging for the fences or the dad pulling the rope gets hit in the tenders.

always worth having the camera out for!
    got it..i think they giving plastic kind of bat,so no one get hurt

Those hurt... trust me, they do.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd rather smash one of these

winterstream.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I never saw these things growing up, but lately they're at every kids party I go to.
    And they're filled with shit. The worst candy I ever seen. How bout putting a damned Reces in there? Or maybe some Rollo's dude? Maybe a tiny bottle of rum for us adults?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LexyLexy Posts: 46
    It's becoming more popular here in the UK too. Last year one of my friends had one at her birthday party and it was a dangerous business. She thought it would be a good idea to put it on her living room door frame. Oh how wrong she was. That door frame looked like it had been gnawed upon by a very large, very hungry guinea pig. And there were a few casualties too, and not just the inevitable smack-in-the-face - she'd put it up with this pin thing and when someone took a huge swing at the pinata, it fell down & the pin shot out across the room and hit this guy just below the eye. No one actually noticed for a few minutes, because the pinata had hit the floor and that was good enough for us, we were straight in there, tearing it up and snatching up our sugary treasure (okay, defeats the object a little, but we wanted those damn sweets! :lol: ). Once the brawl had calmed down and we'd claimed our haul, though, we noticed what had gone on & rushed to make sure he was alright. Poor guy, there was a fair bit of blood and all! He was okay though, thankfully. Who knew a pinata could be so dramatic! :o:lol:
    81 wrote:
    i'd rather smash one of these

winterstream.jpg

:|
  • never fails, usually around 3 years old at least 1 child will start crying because your beating Nemo,Sponge Bob or Princess Gumball to death.

oh and yes, the person swinging is usually blindfolded and spun around so either another child gets smacked upside the head by the child swinging for the fences or the dad pulling the rope gets hit in the tenders.

always worth having the camera out for!
    i saw some cute videos with kiddies..was so fun..