Stalking Protection Order -- Against Her Parents!

mydogmookieblaylockmydogmookieblaylock Posts: 2,996
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Woman-gets-stalking-protection-order-against-parents/-/9357080/17937050/-/15509f3/-/index.html

:nono:
What a mess
A suburban Kansas City woman has received a stalking protection order against her parents.

The Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper reports that 21-year-old Aubrey Ireland, of Leawood, Kansas, has convinced a Cincinnati judge that her parents have been harassing her.

Ireland is studying music theater at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music.

Ireland said her parents often showed up unannounced at her school and told her department head she had mental issues that could force them to go to court to have her treated.

The newspaper reports that her parents admitted they installed monitoring software on their daughter's laptop and cellphone. Aubrey said it was like she was "a dog with a collar on."

Her mother, Julie Ireland, told the judge her daughter has been "catered to all her life by loving parents" and insisted they "weren't bothering her.

The newspaper reports the parents are ordered to to stay at least 500 feet away from her and have no contact with her until at least Sept. 23, 2013.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Bizarre. Sounds like the parents need to cut the cord already!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sounds to me like both the parents and the kid might be a little questionable in the sanity department.
  • Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • I read another article about this online and she claims that her parents have Skype to check up on her. They've told her to leave her Skype on all night so they can make sure she's actually sleeping in her room. If they're really tracking her cell phone that's way extreme.

I'm kind of surprised though at how much contact there is between kids at college and their parents. Even before cell phones were common, I've noticed the people I've worked with talking to their kids daily. My parents called me once a week when I was in college and I thought that was intrusive. I guess I look at all these parents and kids calling and texting each other and wonder when do these kids actually get to leave home? I thought college was the time-honored means where kids do dumb stuff, make mistakes, and generally learn to be on their own.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • some parents are acting crazy,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”