New Years Eve...

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I never go out for New Years Eve, at least not in the last 10 years or so.

What are YOUR plans?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I never go out for New Years Eve, at least not in the last 10 years or so.

What are YOUR plans?
    I've stayed in for years. Often had to have the kids wake me because I always save a few fireworks for midnight.

This year I'm going out with the son and some friends to see our favorite Pink Floyd coverband, the Floydian Slips.
    #FHP
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    My next-door neighbors are having a party. I'll tell them you're bringing twinkies.
  • JTH wrote:
    My next-door neighbors are having a party. I'll tell them you're bringing twinkies.
    Im in!!!
  • I can see the Space Needle from my apartment - so, I am most definitely staying in. Honestly, I would probably stay in even if my best view was that of one of my walls. I'll be setting my alarm for 11:45 to make sure I'm up for the fireworks. Yep, I'm a real wild child. :twisted: :angel:
    I carried a watermelon
  • I am going to watch the 1992 World Series game 3, drink a pile of beer, order a pie, then bang my wife a couple times.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    I am going to watch the 1992 World Series game 3, drink a pile of beer, order a pie, then bang my wife a couple times.

me too.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• I am going to watch the 1992 World Series game 3, drink a pile of beer, order a pie, then bang my wife a couple times.

You gotta order your wife's pie? Mine's always there ready to go.

Pizza pie

Pizza pie

My girl has no topping on her pie.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Meet the guys at the bar around noon. Get home around 4. Eat dinner. Play some tunes. Whoop the older kids ass in our new rod hockey game. Go to bed. Will see 2013 sometime around 8:00 am.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Following a tradition and going to see Widepread Panic. Always a great time, hotel across the street...no driving.... no cooking...It's my after Christmas vacation :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Horos wrote:
    This year I'm going out with the son and some friends to see our favorite Pink Floyd coverband, the Floydian Slips.
    That is a fantastic name!

I will be staying in with a bottle of wine and popcorn as I watch the ball drop on television.
    ELITIST FUK
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    zippo.....the night is for kids
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Saturday or Sunday, Kathy and I will probably go out for a nice dinner. Crab legs or Lobster Tail for me, and I am sure Kathy will have a Filet. But New Years Eve will be spent inside, lounging around with my cat. New Years day I will watch a couple College Bowl games, and catch up on some sleep.
  • probably Alone..enough with the drama this year...

after year change i go with friends to an after bar
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Following a tradition and going to see Widepread Panic. Always a great time, hotel across the street...no driving.... no cooking...It's my after Christmas vacation :D
    that sounds great.

Cripes, it's been ages since I've seen them live. Maybe 1999? 2001? I know it was before Mikey died.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Going to a friend's party. Honestly I think I'd rather stay at home :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,678
    Stay at home with the wife, enjoy a few beverages and if were lucky enough to stay up till midnight...watch the ball drop
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Going to a friend's party. Honestly I think I'd rather stay at home :lol:
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    prolly john barleycorns lincoln park w some friends..stupid bc i feel like im getting too old for that bar..
    davidtrios wrote:
    prolly john barleycorns lincoln park w some friends..stupid bc i feel like im getting too old for that bar..
    heh. I went there for new year's once. I think I was 27 at the time and I thought I was too young for the place.
  • LexyLexy Posts: 46
    I'll be spending it imprisoned in my own home for several hours with people who I don't really like, whilst dressed as Robert Smith from The Cure. Lucky me! :lol:
    JTH wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    heh. I went there for new year's once. I think I was 27 at the time and I thought I was too young for the place.

im almost 29...maybe the demographics changed
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    If anything i will just head over to my Brothers house and just spend it there will the family .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • If anything i will just head over to my Brothers house and just spend it there will the family .....
    play any games?cards?
    im thinking about getting drunk on champain- good or bad idea
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    davidtrios wrote:
    im thinking about getting drunk on champain- good or bad idea
    bad idea. very bad idea. vodka lemonades are the way to go :lol:
    davidtrios wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

im almost 29...maybe the demographics changed
    They attracted a different crowd on NYE is more like it. It was not a cheap evening out, as I recall.

That's literally the last time I was at that place.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    If anything i will just head over to my Brothers house and just spend it there will the family .....
    play any games?cards?

Maybe a card game otherwise just eat have a few drinks and open a few bottles of bubbly at midnight ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Dinner and drinks with some friends just taking it easy.

Wake up New Years day and enjoy Bloody Marys and the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. :mrgreen: