Tracks In Your Head That Linger?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Don't know how to describe it. Have ever had a song that just lingers in your head? I go days with the same song playing in the back of my head. I can sit at work...home....driving, and some how hear the same song alwys playing in the back of mind. It affects my mood to. Sometimes I hear angry music or aggressive music and it changes my mood...or my my mood changes the song in my head. Just don't know how to describe it. Sometimes it's laid back music and my mood is changed. Well anyhow the song I can't get out of my head the past couple of days is this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rR7E6NfY4

Gets me a little fired up and pissed off at times and others it just mellows me right the fuck out. Maybe the acid all through college really did fuck me up or I just associate all of my moods with music somehow. I don't know. :? It's weird to think my life has been reduced to a soundtrack.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Gordon Lightfoot? Really? Did you hear it somewhere and it just stuck?
    That sometimes happens to me. Or something will happen and a song will just pop in my head and stay for days.
    Maybe it is the subconscious trying to tell you something. Or maybe it is just a catchy tune. :P
    ELITIST FUK
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,672
    Usually it's the last one I heard or the last one I played. Last night I was playing around with the riff from Corduroy just before going to bed and that's what's been rattling around in my head since I woke up. It would be interesting to understand the mechanics of the brain that makes this happen.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• great - you said Linger -- Now the Cranberries are stuck in my head :x
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    step into christmas.
    www.myspace.com
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Awesome thread :thumbup:

Pennywise - Bro Hymn is the one for me http://youtu.be/pXoxpiegMPM

For a long time you couldn't go to a punk show without someone covering this song at least once...and every now and again someone will still bring it back. But yeah, I'll just be doing my dailies and all of a sudden the woah-woah-woah-woahs just pop into my head!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Don't know how to describe it. Have ever had a song that just lingers in your head? I go days with the same song playing in the back of my head. I can sit at work...home....driving, and some how hear the same song alwys playing in the back of mind. It affects my mood to. Sometimes I hear angry music or aggressive music and it changes my mood...or my my mood changes the song in my head. Just don't know how to describe it. Sometimes it's laid back music and my mood is changed. Well anyhow the song I can't get out of my head the past couple of days is this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rR7E6NfY4

Gets me a little fired up and pissed off at times and others it just mellows me right the fuck out. Maybe the acid all through college really did fuck me up or I just associate all of my moods with music somehow. I don't know. :? It's weird to think my life has been reduced to a soundtrack.

At least it's a really good song to get stuck in your head and It could be worse than your life being music and reduced to a soundtrack... It could just be silence, what kind of hell would that be. Enjoy the music.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Radiohead - Dollars and Cents. Every time I listen to that song, the bassline is stuck in my head for days!

Another one that gets stuck in my head all the time lately is Cinema by Benny Benassi. Just the chorus tho. Catchy tune right there.

For me its usually just parts of songs... a bass line, a drum solo, a chorus. Rarely ever is it the full song. It'll just kinda play in a loop in the back of my head for days until I listen to the song again. That seems to be the only cure, tho it doesnt always work.

I hate it when you get a song stuck in your head that you dont like, or even know all the words to... and its just there... your mind just kinda pieces it together. Shit happens to me all the time. Usually some shitty Phil Collins song or something from the 80's. :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It's still there.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    nope

i try to keep my head empty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Diamonds in the sky has been in my head for more than 2 weeks :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Diamonds in the sky has been in my head for more than 2 weeks :fp: :fp: :fp:

I had to go to YouTube. I've never heard that song.
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”