Bought my first guitar (acoustic)

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited January 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I made a purchase that I have always wanted. I bought an acoustic guitar...my first guitar of any type..ever.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... tic-guitar

I got the black one

I got a stand, and picks for $62.00 in total, guitar included..and free shipping

the reviews say it's a great beginner guitar...for the price I can't go wrong. Not a wallet damaging investment at all...

My friend is an amazing guitar teacher, he also happens to be my neighbor, and he will give me free lessons..
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phungiphungi Posts: 641
    congrats! play everyday, even if it is only for 5 mins, and be sure to check out the thread on PJ songs for beginners
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    It's 33 years now since I got my first guitar and I've never looked back. Play often, get a good chord book or app and practise scales to death. There are some really good quality free tuners on the Android and Apple stores worth downloading. For getting a good head start learning songs quickly you should look at the Little Black Songbook series. They are amazing value and have chord diagrams on every song which saves a lot of time searching. Have fun........ :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Play every day - even if it's for a few minutes at a time. The most helpful thing for me - and still is - was to sit in with someone who has been playing for awhile. I learned a ton watching and mimicking. Oh, and get one of those finger exercise doo-dad's. Finger dexterity makes learning MUCH less frustrating. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    Play every day - even if it's for a few minutes at a time. The most helpful thing for me - and still is - was to sit in with someone who has been playing for awhile. I learned a ton watching and mimicking. Oh, and get one of those finger exercise doo-dad's. Finger dexterity makes learning MUCH less frustrating. 8-)

yup. do-dad's are key. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Congrats! I can almost guarantee you it will be the best purchase you will make in your lifetime!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Play every day - even if it's for a few minutes at a time. The most helpful thing for me - and still is - was to sit in with someone who has been playing for awhile. I learned a ton watching and mimicking. Oh, and get one of those finger exercise doo-dad's. Finger dexterity makes learning MUCH less frustrating. 8-)

yup. do-dad's are key. :)
    doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-dads
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • doo·dad
    /ˈdo͞oˌdad/
    Noun

A fancy article or trivial ornament.
    A gadget, esp. one whose name Chris does not know or cannot recall.

Synonyms
    gadget
    www.cluthelee.com