Options

Society live was VERY different from the studio version, right guitar players?

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Did anyone else think it was totally different? If my memory serves me correctly, Ed used a C chord on stage in the song, at least I saw him playing a C.... There is NO C chord in the studio version
(I pulled out a harp at the show and tried to play it, my G harp that I always play Society with, it was TOTALLY different, I'm a nerd...)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    The studio version starts in B minor but he couldve been using a capo or diffrent tuning. I havent heard the live version but you are right about no C in the studio version at least. Couldve been a G.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Did anyone else think it was totally different? If my memory serves me correctly, Ed used a C chord on stage in the song, at least I saw him playing a C.... There is NO C chord in the studio version
    (I pulled out a harp at the show and tried to play it, my G harp that I always play Society with, it was TOTALLY different, I'm a nerd...)

I haven't heard or seen the live version. I play it with standard tuning, capoed 2nd fret, and a C chord pops up throughout.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I haven't heard or seen the live version. I play it with standard tuning, capoed 2nd fret, and a C chord pops up throughout.

Yeah, I think this is how Hannan plays it at least. So the first chord is an Am shape, but it's really a Bm.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

Yup. Technically, it is a D chord, but with the capo you play it like you would an open C
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    I play it with a Capo on 2, and then use Am, C, G, F chords varied throughout and it sounds dead on to the recording.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    wow...
    I can't find my goddamn capo, I'm going to have to find a guitar shop here...
    I've been playing Empty by Ray Lamontagne a lot, and barring the 2nd fret is getting really tiring, I need a capo!
    Anyone know a good spot to hit up in downtown denver?
  • Options
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    I play it with a Capo on 2, and then use Am, C, G, F chords varied throughout and it sounds dead on to the recording.

yep. does sound right on.