Re: Most significant moment of your life..?

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...:)
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Without a doubt, the birth of my son.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    moving back to TX after my Dad passed to help my Mom. I never thought I'd move back there...6 months later, I met my wife.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 26th Dec is one of them..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    the passing of my dad has changed my life in a million ways
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    My father dying was the second thing that came to mind. I know death is part of life, but that moment of knowing that's it, he's gone...no more hugs, voice, wisdom, HIM.

I've never felt such profound sadness and loss.

The first thing that came to mind, though...a happy moment - more than one moment, really - in the realization of loving someone so much to never have any doubt about living the rest of this life with him.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Birth of my daughter. No question.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    When I was born.

:D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,845
    hedonist wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    My father dying was the second thing that came to mind. I know death is part of life, but that moment of knowing that's it, he's gone...no more hugs, voice, wisdom, HIM.

I've never felt such profound sadness and loss.

The first thing that came to mind, though...a happy moment - more than one moment, really - in the realization of loving someone so much to , never have any doubt about living the rest of this life with him.
    this last part. But it was the reverse. THOUGHT it was HER, but then she made other plans. Out of the emotional devastation , "I" came to be. It got me into the 12 steps for real, the desire to see things differently sometimes. And now a relationship that I am more a part of than before.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    mfc2006 wrote:
    moving back to TX after my Dad passed to help my Mom. I never thought I'd move back there...6 months later, I met my wife.

awesome story

i guess it would be when my husband was diagnosed terminal
    petty shit no longer mattered and everyday was special
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    I don't think I've had it yet, or hopefully not, because so far I have to choose something really shitty and painful (not a death though - I have NEVER lost anyone I love to death so far (only a matter of time obviously, unless I die first). I'm hoping that by the time I die my most significant moment will be a positive thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Birth of my son and the adoption of my daughter. People always ask if it was different - and of course it was. A pregnancy, a birth. Versus going to an airport and being handed an eight month old baby.

And yet it was also the same. Getting a child. Really incredible.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Out of the emotional devastation , "I" came to be. It got me into the 12 steps for real, the desire to see things differently sometimes. And now a relationship that I am more a part of than before.
    That first sentence up there made me smile...sometimes out of destruction comes reconstruction...kind of ties into mysticweed's & PJ_Soul's comments too - bad shit can happen - DOES happen - but can alter your perspective over time in a hopefully constructive way.

I hope that makes sense.

(ps to mysticweed, I'm sorry about your husband)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Colts beating the Patriots 38-34 in the 2006 AFC Championship game.

Duh.

(I'm surprised no one has listed this yet ... :-? )

8-)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Jason P wrote:

Duh.

8-)
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Jason P wrote:

Duh.

8-)

I was gonna say the Packers beating the Bears 21-14 in the 2010 NFC Championship game :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    This. I've grown up and learned more in the past 3 months than in my 20 years of life.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    The birth of my little girl. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • My Father passing away when I was 13. I miss him in so many ways, yet I know that's he's with me wherever I go.

I am who I am, for better or worse, because of it (your call) and not a day goes by when I don't think of him, thank him for the time we had together, for the lessons he taught me then, and for all the lessons I have learned since Oct. 20, 1982.

Cheers and be well amigos,
    Brian
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • feel so respect for posts...its so unique the feelings.. its when you loose someone..or someone is born....
    amazing..life and death..pain and happiness
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    day I joined PJ 10 club :corn: :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    feel so respect for posts...its so unique the feelings.. its when you loose someone..or someone is born....
    amazing..life and death..pain and happiness

It's through sorrow that you can truly experience pure happiness. That's what my Mom told me after I met my wife. Wise words from an awesome lady!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't think I've had it yet, or hopefully not, because so far I have to choose something really shitty and painful (not a death though - I have NEVER lost anyone I love to death so far (only a matter of time obviously, unless I die first). I'm hoping that by the time I die my most significant moment will be a positive thing.

I too have been fortunate enough to not have lost someone I love to death. A dear friend of the family was lost years after we had loved each other, which, though it had a huge impact on my life, I don't think is the same as losing a person currently very close to you.

And, yet, the most significant moment of my life was super duper shitty one. It's five years gone and I'm still picking up the pieces.

On the positive side - one of the greatest moments of my life was when I stepped onto the Brooklyn Bridge for the first time and looked across to Manhattan. It was love at first site. *swoons*
    It was also the beginning of the best day of my life, so far.
    I carried a watermelon