Sleep Number mattress - anyone own

Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Wife and I are sleeping on a 15 year old box of springs. She likes it, I wake up and walk like I'm 100 years older than I am. Back hurts soooo bad.

Anyway, a few people have them (sleep number bed) and they range from the greatest thing ever to "ehhh". So, does anyone own one? Thoughts...
I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Leofish2Leofish2 Posts: 138
    Wife and I are sleeping on a 15 year old box of springs. She likes it, I wake up and walk like I'm 100 years older than I am. Back hurts soooo bad.

Anyway, a few people have them (sleep number bed) and they range from the greatest thing ever to "ehhh". So, does anyone own one? Thoughts...

I used to wake up with back pain everyday. Walked into a sleepys and told this to the salesman and he said i want a tempurpedic and i would be back to thank him in a month or so. Well i never made it back to thank him but it solved my back issues. They may be a bit pricey but as far as i am concerned you cannot put a price on a good night sleep.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    My fucked back notwithstanding, we're in the market for a new mattress too.

I've heard about mold found in some sleep number ones (not sure if legit or folklore), but I also wonder what happens when the mechanism to manipulate those numbers goes kaput. Are you just shit out of luck? Stuck on the setting when the thingy to adjust it died?

And what happens when you get the right number for one position (the initial "getting ready to fall asleep" position) vs the next ("I'm now officially asleep and in a completely different position position")?

Methinks we need to pay a visit to Larry Miller!
  • My dad doesn't care for it but my mom likes it... you'll have to try one out yourself
  • I love my Sleep Number bed!! Gotten spoiled by it over the last few years, so much so that when I travel, it may be the object I miss most from home. No mold issues that we have encountered, Hedonist, and for me, the same setting works for me. I understand your point though.

The best thing for my girlfriend and me is that we can have each side at our own number, and both of us sleep better. I have heard great things about the Tempurpedic beds as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers and be well,
    Brian
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.