My Christmas gift to anyone from Chicago.

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I remember Bozo. He sure looks a lot creepier than I remember.
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    I remember Bozo. He sure looks a lot creepier than I remember.
    2 weeks ago.
    That video had me sobbing.

Bozo was a Chicago Tradition.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm from Texas and even I know who Bozo is. It used to come on down here too. Usually early in the morning as I was getting ready for school.

Bozo was a hell of a salesman. He and Cookie really made those shitty prizes from the Grand Prize Game seem like treasure. Made me think that if I had a Duncan Yo-Yo, a Tootsie Roll Bank, and a Schwinn I'd be set for life. And they made that game seem so exciting. They took what is essentially a kid trying to throw a ping pong ball into a bucket and made it so exciting that I'd be about to puke from nerves if a kid made it to the final bucket.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I'm from Texas and even I know who Bozo is. It used to come on down here too. Usually early in the morning as I was getting ready for school.

Bozo was a hell of a salesman. He and Cookie really made those shitty prizes from the Grand Prize Game seem like treasure. Made me think that if I had a Duncan Yo-Yo, a Tootsie Roll Bank, and a Schwinn I'd be set for life. And they made that game seem so exciting. They took what is essentially a kid trying to throw a ping pong ball into a bucket and made it so exciting that I'd be about to puke from nerves if a kid made it to the final bucket.
    40 years ago, when it was safe for children to actually leave school, and go home for lunch. My sisters and I would run home, and my father would have lunch ready for us. Lipton soup, or cream of celery soup, fried bologna on toast, or Vienna hot dogs on white bread. (Vienna, another Chicago tradition). My father, and the 3 of us would sit and watch Bozo Circus. The Grand prize game was the GREATEST thing on Planet Earth, for a child.
  • I grew up near Detroit and loved that show. I used to practice at home with the ping-pong balls just in case I ever made it on the Bozo show.
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• I grew up near Detroit and loved that show. I used to practice at home with the ping-pong balls just in case I ever made it on the Bozo show.
    Today, when I show my father that video.

He will be FLOORED!

:P