Fast food and other guilty pleasures food thread

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I try and eat pretty healthy. Im a vegetarian. Ive never been that into sweets and desserts. But, sometimes I have to admit, treating myself to some fries and a frosty at Wendys or Jack in the Box does hit the spot. Or a Ben and Jerry's pint of ice cream. Every once in a while these things are pretty damn good.

I know Wendy's and Jack in the Box arent healthy, and ive read and seen Fast Food Nation, but I feel gross and dirty going to Burger king or Mcdonalds. And even though I know Wendys and Jack in the Box arent much better, it does seem like they are maybe marginally better,

Anyone else indulge in a Frosty once in a blue moon? How about an ice cream sundae?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I have a sweet tooth. Salt doesn't do it for me. Dr Pepper is my weakness, but I try not to have more than 2 a week.

But! I love love love the black and whites from William Greensberg Jr Bakery in NYC. Their black and whites are by far the best dessert I've ever had. I could eat three in a day if people wouldn't judge me for it. :D

Thank God I don't live in NYC. I'd be suuuuuuuper fat.

06bw_minis2B.jpg

http://wmgreenbergdesserts.com/STORE/Store_STD_page_bakery_items.cfm?DEPART=Baked-Goods&murl=wmgreenbergdesserts.com&CODE=wgdesserts&page=1&itemNum=B1GBW101
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I do enjoy a frosty on occasion but my absolute guilty pleasure is pizza.

831148_f520.jpg
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I do enjoy a frosty on occasion but my absolute guilty pleasure is pizza.

831148_f520.jpg

if pizza is wrong, i dont want to be right! I dont consider pizza a guilty pleasure at all. Its one of my favorite foods. Theres nothing better than a piping hot pizza. I maintain its healthy because you have bread, vegetables in the sauce, and dairy/cheese thus proving protein.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.

Guilty Pleasure = toast
  • Pizza definitely. It's weird how I NEVER get sick of it.
    Little Secrets Tremors
    Turned to Quake
  • Pizza. I don't feel bad about eating it for dinner, but I feel a tinge of guilt when getting a slice for lunch.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Pizza. I don't feel bad about eating it for dinner, but I feel a tinge of guilt when getting a slice for lunch.

I take it you're not a fan of the cold pizza/warm beer breakfast then. Oh college... I miss you.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I will go grocery shopping and buy hemp milk, Dave's Killer Bread, Ezekial cereal, Amy's Soups, celery, cucumbers, peppers, apples, snap peas, cauliflower and salad mix.
    Then I walk down the block and pick up some Dicks fries for dinner. I am a walking contradiction.
    I carried a watermelon
  • I will go grocery shopping and buy hemp milk, Dave's Killer Bread, Ezekial cereal, Amy's Soups, celery, cucumbers, peppers, apples, snap peas, cauliflower and salad mix.
    Then I walk down the block and pick up some Dicks fries for dinner. I am a walking contradiction.
    If I still lived in Seattle I'd be there all the time.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • BT0906H_moussaka_s4x3_lg.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Since it's back, it has to be said....the McRib

mcdonalds-McRib-.png

I don't know what it is (I know it's not ribs) but dammit I like it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    tumblr_m3asxtFsVp1rn4spj.jpg
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i watch project runway and ink master
    which is odd since i wear nothing but jeans and t-shirts and don't have one tattoo
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • trigona-panoramatos.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    the mcrib is back...:think:
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Popeye's chickenwith mac and cheese and a biscuit :oops: :D
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

and, im not getting one anymore. thanks! hahha
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Pizza and Hate-Chicken (chic-fil-a). I don't want to eat there, but it's just so damn good!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • There's ONE Long Jonh silvers tha tI am aware of in south Florida...but its about 2 hours away in Florida City...just before you enter the Keys. When I drive to the Keys I usually stop for some chicken planks.
    Every time I say: "ugh, thats the last time ever!"

then I do it again.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Sonic-I lovelovelove Sonic! Where I used to live, the closest one was 75 miles away, now the closest one is 20 miles away...I still haven't been to it. :lol: Not necessarily the fact that they have 'good food' I just love all the options...cheezy fries and the strawberry limeades.

I'm a sucker for premium pastries/desserts too.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Can we put a WARNING label in the front for people who have had heart attacks :shock:

That aside, I may have an issue turning down baskin robbins mint chip ice cream.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Pizza and Hate-Chicken (chic-fil-a). I don't want to eat there, but it's just so damn good!

The pickle is what makes the meal :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Here in so-cal for the shows..... So many more burger joints and general fast food places than back home in ny

I've been here 4-5 times before but it still blows my mind

Had original Tommy's in LA after the 1st show .... Chilli fries and chilli burger awesome :D

The other night we went to " grill em all" a Metallica , hard rock themed burger place.... Wow I highly recommend. Burger was incredibly juicy and large.... Had one with a freakin hot dog, cole slaw, mustard on some Hawaiian bun......mmmmmmm :mrgreen:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Here in so-cal for the shows..... So many more burger joints and general fast food places than back home in ny

I've been here 4-5 times before but it still blows my mind

Had original Tommy's in LA after the 1st show .... Chilli fries and chilli burger awesome :D

The other night we went to " grill em all" a Metallica , hard rock themed burger place.... Wow I highly recommend. Burger was incredibly juicy and large.... Had one with a freakin hot dog, cole slaw, mustard on some Hawaiian bun......mmmmmmm :mrgreen:
    Ah, Tommy's. Love em!

You should try to hit up Pink's too if you're still in town :P

If one indulges from time to time - or just in moderation - no need for guilt! I think food is among the best and all-encompassing sensory experiences in this life.

So suck it down!
  • I dip my fries in the damn Frosty. Been doing it since I was a kid.
  • Whataburger, bacon cheeseburger on texas toast, large fries anda choc shake.