Options

is one of you the fool...

legolandbridgelegolandbridge Posts: 112
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
who keeps yelling "Eddie, Eddie Vedder" at Marseille?
96 Hartford
98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
05 Borgata 2, Philly
06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
10 MSG 1-2
11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    mostly French people at that show so go look there for the culprit...good luck :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DunDun Posts: 48
    "Eh-deeeee! Eh-deeee Vedaah!"

Yeah, I don't know why but it got on my nerves a little bit while I was there. It was happening at Paris too, but not as much. At Paris, one of them was this lanky Algerian dude with a bob-style haircut that I mentally nicknamed Elizabeth. The reason for that was I had to put a bit of humour into the situation as the dick just kept pushing forward and forward, pushing 10C members back, and dragging his 4 or 5 mates along with him. Grrrrrrrrr!!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Tonton wrote:

maybe.
  • Options
    FoGFoG Posts: 34
    i thought for sure this was gonna be another grilling of the "Whistling Dickhead" from the midwest tour stops.

Had to listen to that asshat again this week when I spun Chicago 2...

Piece of shit fucknut...
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    t'wasnt I

but the 'alrite alrite alrite' screamer from the toronto '06 boots is kinda of cool
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Tonton wrote:

LOL that person was kinda annoying from what I remember. Wasn't I though. Whoever it was, was further forward than me.
    At any rate, I would have been shouting, "Stone, Stone" :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I dislike the "Eddie Eddie" (or probably Eddy ;)) chants too. We usually try to outscream them with "Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam". I think it's something southern European. There were a few of them in Belgium and I've always heard it in France. It was in Italy now too, and Switzerland (I'm not really sure about this one).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    It was me. Hi all! :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    The girls yelling on the Athens bootleg are even more annoying. they make me wanna fit my head in a blender when I listen to the bootleg.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    yeah that's why the japanese boots are really cool those crowds really don't shout the names to much at all,it would sound weird like ejjie ejjie ejjie sorry just had to......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    The girls yelling on the Athens bootleg are even more annoying. they make me wanna fit my head in a blender when I listen to the bootleg.

So true, and I want to friggin' shoot the girl singing along to Footsteps. Argh!
  • Options
    spencer wrote:
    So true, and I want to friggin' shoot the girl singing along to Footsteps. Argh!
    exactly, they couldnt sing to save themselvee i felt like ripping their larynxes out.

shuttup

footsteps is unlistenable as is betterman and alot of the rest of the show, i had to turn the bootleg off it was so bad
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • Options
    exactly, they couldnt sing to save themselvee i felt like ripping their larynxes out.

shuttup

footsteps is unlistenable as is betterman and alot of the rest of the show, i had to turn the bootleg off it was so bad

you can actually hear someone sing that well from the bootlegs? i don't have it but it just seems like she must have a very BoOMing voice to be able to hear from the booter
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Mirella wrote:
    I dislike the "Eddie Eddie" (or probably Eddy ;)) chants too. We usually try to outscream them with "Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam". I think it's something southern European. There were a few of them in Belgium and I've always heard it in France. It was in Italy now too, and Switzerland (I'm not really sure about this one).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    We were in Bern, Bologna, Verona and Pistoia. I heard some, but not much, and it was pretty much between songs. At those four at least it wasn't bad. I actually love the way "Pearl Jam" comes out with the accents. It's one of the things we really remember and laugh about (in a good way). All the crowds were great there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    the athens girl is definately horrifying,
    but i prefer her over the "alright, alright, alright" guy from toronto 2.
    just a general preference i have for females, that's all.
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130

shuttup

The people responsible for the bootleg should re-mix it and take off some of the screaming, at least out of footsteps and betterman, and give us a listenable version.

I believe that's a humble request.
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    Well in Madrid we were next to an annoying bunch of girls who didn't even know who Pearl Jam were... while My Morning Jacket were coming onstage they started screaming "ohhh look its Pearl Jam" Ok MMJ did come out in the dark so maybe the girls did not have their glasses on that night but still into MMJ'S first song they still insisted on screaming "oh look it's Eddie.... Eddie Eddie....oh my god its Eddie" I think they caught on after the next song that it was the opening band.....
    Now that is even more annoying than actually screaming Eddie at Eddie...
    :P
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    Well in Madrid we were next to an annoying bunch of girls who didn't even know who Pearl Jam were... while My Morning Jacket were coming onstage they started screaming "ohhh look its Pearl Jam" Ok MMJ did come out in the dark so maybe the girls did not have their glasses on that night but still into MMJ'S first song they still insisted on screaming "oh look it's Eddie.... Eddie Eddie....oh my god its Eddie" I think they caught on after the next song that it was the opening band.....
    Now that is even more annoying than actually screaming Eddie at Eddie...
    :P

lol! now that's funny! Don't you just hate those kind of people??
    die on a hilltop.. eyeing the crows,
    waiting for your lids to close..
    but you want to watch as they peck your flesh..
    Ironic that they go for the eyes first
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    hahahhaa....i just downloaded the marseille boot this weekend and was about to start a similar thread.....what a piece of nut.....
    on the other hand, its good that eddie´s name its not Warren Cuccurulo...
    can you imagine that screamed all over again during the show...

Warrem Cucuruloooo!!!....warren cucurulo!!!!!

we are fortunate fans
  • Options
    Dun wrote:
    "Eh-deeeee! Eh-deeee Vedaah!"

Yeah, I don't know why but it got on my nerves a little bit while I was there. It was happening at Paris too, but not as much. At Paris, one of them was this lanky Algerian dude with a bob-style haircut that I mentally nicknamed Elizabeth. The reason for that was I had to put a bit of humour into the situation as the dick just kept pushing forward and forward, pushing 10C members back, and dragging his 4 or 5 mates along with him. Grrrrrrrrr!!

i remember him......knob

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    i found it amusing hearing pj songs sung with a french accent, dunno why, guess im sad

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    you can actually hear someone sing that well from the bootlegs? i don't have it but it just seems like she must have a very BoOMing voice to be able to hear from the booter
    Yeh, you can hear them if they're in front of the mic. A girl in Dublin ruined a couple of songs on the boot (mainly betterman) by singing completely out of tune and above everybody else - luckily she didn't seem to know the words to black, indifference, crazy mary or it's ok :D

She confessed though and seemed quite embarrassed - I'm finding it hard to forgive her though :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    We were in Bern, Bologna, Verona and Pistoia. I heard some, but not much, and it was pretty much between songs. At those four at least it wasn't bad. I actually love the way "Pearl Jam" comes out with the accents. It's one of the things we really remember and laugh about (in a good way). All the crowds were great there. :)

I was at the Paris concert and there was a bit of the ol' Eddie screaming but it wasn't that bad really... and also we tried to drown them out with screaming the other band members names...

I agree with the accents... One of my funniest moments has been hearing Betterman sung with a French accent... and incredibly off key as well... sore on the ears but the guy was soooo into singing and PJ… it was kinda cool.
    'I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy' - Tom Waits
    --
    Free the West Memphis Three!
    http://www.wm3.org
  • Options
    Sorry guys if our french accent is not compatible with PJ songs when we sing them
    :)

But for Marseille, I can tell you that the guy who screamed IS NOT FRENCH because of his accent

He's got another accent (argentinian, spanish northern or eastern europe ?)
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    Sorry guys if our french accent is not compatible with PJ songs when we sing them

But for Marseille, I can tell you that the guy who screamed IS NOT FRENCH because of his accent

Calm down... im not having a go at the French... I said it was kinda cool... the french accent part... not the singing off key...
    'I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy' - Tom Waits
    --
    Free the West Memphis Three!
    http://www.wm3.org
  • Options

I think he was a martian and he was reminding Eddie that he is the chosen one and will be beamed upto space in 2007 to do the great "space jam" ...
    tickets go on sale tomorrow :p
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options

how did u make this list with putting these to the same cathegory LOL????? :D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Fuck. I just heard Marseille again.

Eddy Veddar!!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Fan Law: Henceforth, fans should never shout the names of members of the band. The band won't hear you anyway and you will just end up annoying the hell out of the people around you and anyone else who happens to listen to the bootleg for centuries to follow.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    FoGFoG Posts: 34
    I was gonna buy Marseille but I sure as hell am fucking not going to now...

Think I'll go with Zagreb or go back to West Coast 2006 and get one of the Gorges or one of the San Franciscos
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.