2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hands down for me, Six Feet Under. Also the Sopranos, Dexter, Homeland, thirtysomething.

Dexter is worth checking out but you'll have lots of catching up to go! We just started watching the 7th season...good shit.

I was hooked on Deadwood too, although I thought the first season was so much better than the second.

Comedies...I love the old-school ones - All in the Family, Good Times, Maude, MASH - and of course, Seinfeld! King of Queens too.

Seems to be a shortage of good TV comedies these days.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Buffy was such a great show. Remember the episode when she was invisible? HOT. Love that Spike. 8-)

OMG yes it was!!! Wow totally forgot about that one. I had (okay still have) such a huge crush on Spike!

Bahaha my fave was when Giles turned into a demon though...comedic gold!

Buffy ruled! I think LOGO network shows reruns of it. Also the spinoff, Angel, was decent as well.
    WRONG! Angel was not decent. It was fucking great.

And Giles as a demon was truly high-Larry-us. But I have to admit that I totally forgot about Buffy being invisible. I remembered the invisible girl from season 1, but not Buffy herself being invisible.

Turns out there's a good reason for that. It was a season 6 episode and I like to pretend that season 6 never existed.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Not sure what that is. :)

A cable network that plays a lot of series that have been cancelled. I frequent it for Lois and Clark and Doogie Howser. :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'll sleep on it and come back in the morning.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    No love for The X Files?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Seinfeld

Cheers

Mash

Family ties.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,478
    My top 5 would be

The Sopranos (by some distance)
    Deadwood
    Six Feet Under
    Lost

Shows like Homeland, Dexter, Entourage, House, CSI (the Vegas one) are good too but I haven't seen anything good enough to crack my top 5 yet.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895

The Shield

Rescue Me

Lost

Friday Night Lights
  • theres a difference between the best tv shows of all time, and my personal favorites. The best of all time have got to be shows like arrested development, the sopranos, the wire, deadwood, six feet under, breaking bad, mad men.

my own personal favorites though include the wonder years, scrubs, friday night lights,

then of course you have the classics like I love Lucy, dennis the menace, lassie, ren and stimpy, salute your shorts, doug, rugrats,
  • Breaking Bad

Louie

South Park

Trailer Park Boys

King of the Hill

American Dad

Superjail!

Archer

Futurama

The Walking Dead

NTSF:SD:SUV

Adventure Time

The Regular Show

The Drunk and On Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour... really hoping for another season
  • Breaking Bad
    HANDS DOWN
    Little Secrets Tremors
    Turned to Quake
  • 24-Seasons 1-4
    SOA
    Walking Dead
    Prison Break
    The League
    The Shield
    Justified
    Go Birds!!!!
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Parks and Recreation/Sherlock (tie)
    X Files
    30 Rock
    South Park
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • 1/2 hour Sitcom: Seinfeld/Roseanne
    1 hour crime drama: Criminal Minds
    Reality show: Survivor
    Talk show: Real Time
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    American Gothic
    The Simpsons
    The X Files (before all the alien abduction bull shit)
    Degrassi High (the old school version not that new crap) I know, corny now but I loved it when I was young
    The Twilight Zone
    Seinfeld
    Big Love
    The First 48
    The Mighty Boosh
    Faulty Towers
    Summer Heights High
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    LOST
    Friends
    Seinfeld
    I Love Lucy
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Cheers
    Freaks and Geeks
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    1. the wire
    1A. the sopranos

it really does not get any better than those 2 shows.

comedies:

1. seinfeld
    2. everything else :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Really good choices everyone. I started watching my next show now. Dexter. I'm half way through season 2 and I am hooked. This can easily turn out to be one of my favorites.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • drama: twin peaks, sopranos, 17 moments of spring (rus)

comedy: peep show! how not no live your live, alf :lol:

anim.: family guy, simpsons, beavis & butt-head

needs to be mentioned: firefly, black mirror, deadwood, x-files (early seasons)
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    Got to say The Simpsons, it is amazing how much that show has affected my life since it first came on.

Although if I want to talk about really excellent TV I would probably say Deadwood.
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    1. the wire
    1A. the sopranos

comedies:

1. seinfeld

Throw in Family Guy under #2 in comedies and Breaking Bad as #3 under Sopranos and this EXACTLY how my TV Guide reads :lol:

For the record, over 86.4 % of everything HBO has ever released is somewhat excellent - so I'm going to add HBO as Favorite TV Channel ever. Their original sports documentaries, original comedies and original movies/series hardly disappoint and are usually riveting.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    1. the wire
    1A. the sopranos

comedies:

1. seinfeld

Throw in Family Guy under #2 in comedies and Breaking Bad as #3 under Sopranos and this EXACTLY how my TV Guide reads :lol:

For the record, over 86.4 % of everything HBO has ever released is somewhat excellent - so I'm going to add HBO as Favorite TV Channel ever. Their original sports documentaries, original comedies and original movies/series hardly disappoint and are usually riveting.

I'd say HBO's batting percentage is even higher than that. AMC has an incredible percentage as well.

While I bow down to The Wire and The Sopranos, both are two of the greatest tv shows ever, im convinced Breaking Bad is now better than both. And I think Breaking Bad is way better than both in terms of cliffhangers, tension, anxiety and the like. BB has an on the edge of your seat quality to it thats as addictive as any drug. And it seems like the writers have a sensibility about them that sort of rivals Arrested Development, where they introduce some concept, some idea, some topic, and the thing seems meaningless or not important. Then out of nowhere, 2 seasons later, they reference it, and it becomes a central plot part. Arrested Development was constantly doing that, referencing minor details from season 1. But its splitting hairs as far as im concerned. All 3 are among the best shows ever created, Its like the debate we get into on the other music forum about where the beatles, led zep and pink floyd rank. Any way you cut it they are going to be on the top.
    Forgot to add The Wonder Years to my list.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    needs to be mentioned: firefly
    Yes.

Really, anything Joss Whedon does

Santa-Waving.gif
    :D
  • we have to go back
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    :D
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    JTH wrote:
    needs to be mentioned: firefly
    Yes.

Really, anything Joss Whedon does

Santa-Waving.gif

I am not sure I agree with it since that last season of Buffy was pretty bad.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The Thunderbirds and Land Of The Giants :D

.....60's shows ya' ll wouldn't know anything about them. 8-)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)