End of the world twice... or never?

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,677
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
If a traveler crosses the International Date Line eastbound they subtract one day, or 24 hours, so that the calendar date to the west of the line is repeated. If they crossing the IDL westbound they add 24 hours, advancing the calendar date by one day.

So does that mean one could possible experience the end of the world on the 21st twice or skip it all together, depending on which way they travel?

No, this is not desperate thinking mode... yet. There's still another day to figure this out and I'm not big on deadlines. :mrgreen:
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brianlux wrote:
    deadlines. :mrgreen:
    I see what you did there.. ;)
    I was wondering the same thing when it occurs to me that demotri could keep us updated as he'll get it first perhaps! Ha
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,677
    brianlux wrote:
    I was wondering the same thing when it occurs to me that demotri could keep us updated as he'll get it first perhaps! Ha

Glad you caught that! :lol:

The bummer of it is, this is a very busy time of year and I'm thinking the end of the world will come and go and I'll be too busy to notice. :mrgreen:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Glad you caught that! :lol:

The bummer of it is, this is a very busy time of year and I'm thinking the end of the world will come and go and I'll be too busy to notice. :mrgreen:

PAY Attention Brian! The end only comes once! :lol:

or twice? Twice if you ask the dinosaurs I suppose..
    When they say the "End," do they mean for life, or the actual planet? :?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,677

PAY Attention Brian! The end only comes once! :lol:

or twice? Twice if you ask the dinosaurs I suppose..
    When they say the "End," do they mean for life, or the actual planet? :?

Probably just the end of the page (or in the case of Mayans, rock.) Someday the missing rock/page will be found and it will say- "After great tragedy's and much strife on the planet, humans discovered hope and began to build a better future.

Hope!

• Only God knows what day and time
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"