Chicago Cubs fans

cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Fellow 10c members and Cub fans, after almost 8 years of wait on the season ticket holder wait list I finally got an invite to go to Wrigley Field on January 12th to secure my season tickets. What I am looking for is trustworthy people to share them with. We would do a lottery and secure games in that fashion. If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP. 4 people would be ideal which would be roughly 20 games a piece. If I get more interest I would contact the first four and ask if they had objections to more joining the group to lower our cost. Thanks!

Chris
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    As a lifelong/diehard Cubs fan, I love the idea of season tix! That said, I may have to pass even if my turn came.
    Interestingly, I have about 5 friends who got drawn this year. That 5 more than in the last ten years combined. I think some of the old timers are giving them up or they are expanding their holders. If they are expanding, that just shoots up the cost for average folk. Higher prices at Wrigley... :fp:
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    There have been a lot of people that have been called this year as well. I am thinking I may have to pass as well unless I get people to join in. I can not fathom paying that much for a team that will be absolutely awful and the resale value is probably less than $1 a ticket. Crazy
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    PAGING CUBBEE_GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • best team ever
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • best team ever

Ha

Hahaha
  • Congrats on your season tickets!

In mid June-early August, when you and your friends are dumping tickets, for whatever you can get for them.
    Keep me in mind!

:P :P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Congrats on your season tickets!

In mid June-early August, when you and your friends are dumping tickets, for whatever you can get for them.
    Keep me in mind!

:P :P
    Just can't kick the habit, can you :lol::lol:;):D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    A friend of mine just got the same e-mail. I think they are asking a lot of people to the event but won't have enough season ticket packages available for everyone. You may be better off if they run out before you get a chance to buy. Then you can wait until 2014 when the team should be better.

I have been a season ticketholder for a few years and when the team or weather is bad, it is hard to find someone to buy your tickets.

My advice would be to get the cheapest good ticket package that you can. Our first season, we had 400 section seats and lost a lot of money when the weather was bad in April or when the team was out of it in September. We now have good 500 level seats behind home where the April weekday games only cost $8 and we don't care if the go unused.

Good luck with the seats. If you don't get any, just let me know. I will have tickets available throughout the season at a good price (and no Cubs service fees or stubhub fees).