Acoustic Tone/Sound help

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited December 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a Fender Acoustic from the starter pack (DG-8S).

I have ALWAYS wanted that thin acoustic tone that we usually hear from an electric acoustic (this Stone on Daughter, Nothing as it Seems, and so on). Is there a way I can get this sound without plugging in? A type of strings I can use? Please help! Thank you :)
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have a Fender Acoustic from the starter pack (DG-8S).

I have ALWAYS wanted that thin acoustic tone that we usually hear from an electric acoustic (this Stone on Daughter, Nothing as it Seems, and so on). Is there a way I can get this sound without plugging in? A type of strings I can use? Please help! Thank you :)
    i am not sure if this will help you are not, but when i am going for that i try to strum further away from the soundhole. that changes the sound for me and sounds "thinner" when i do that.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I think it's a lot about the natural tone of the acoustic guitar. Try 'bright' strings? And keep them fresh!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I think it's a lot about the natural tone of the acoustic guitar. Try 'bright' strings? And keep them fresh!

That's what I was gonna recommend. New strings always sound more airy and bright.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I have one of my acoustics strung for a thinner sound and it sounds pretty nice. I discovered it by accident when I only had a set of Ernie Ball Super Slinky 09 - 42 instead of my usual Martin Extra Lights.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Thank you. I will try this out :)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy