I liked this.. I wonder if its true

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat.

The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man." The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat."

After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class."

About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class.

It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class."

Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said,

"Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person."

Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovati
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Good story.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well, there's a good lesson there, so I don't guess it REALLY matters if it's true or not, the underlying theme is that Karma is a bitch, and don't be a bigot. So the lessons are true. But if you're interested in the origins of the story... http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/obnoxious.asp

Go ahead DS1119, tell me I'm no fun.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • When in doubt, just check Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/obnoxious.asp

(It's not true.)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Well, there's a good lesson there, so I don't guess it REALLY matters if it's true or not, the underlying theme is that Karma is a bitch, and don't be a bigot. So the lessons are true. But if you're interested in the origins of the story... http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/obnoxious.asp

Buzzkill
  • Well, there's a good lesson there, so I don't guess it REALLY matters if it's true or not, the underlying theme is that Karma is a bitch, and don't be a bigot. So the lessons are true. But if you're interested in the origins of the story... http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/obnoxious.asp

Ha ha, great minds think alike!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    It's a good sentiment whether it's true or not. Cool.

Hope all's good with you & Mrs Cav. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    morello wrote:

All is well! thank you!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Caveeze wrote:
    morello wrote:

All is well! thank you!!
    :clap::clap::clap::)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Wow... I was going to say, what a stupid bitch! :lol: glad it's not true because that would be awful for that person having to hear that bull crap. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014