My Facebook account hacked & now attempt on Google account

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Got an email from Facebook security this morning, part of it reads:

"Your Facebook account was recently logged into from a computer, mobile device or other location you've never used before. For your protection, we've temporarily locked your account until you can review this activity and make sure no one is using your account without your permission."

When I logged in it was locked and I had to click where it said it wasn't me.
It then showed someone in the north east of the U.S logged into my account.
I did not click or accept or download anything suspicious so I am baffled as to how this hacker got my password.
I was forced by Facebook to change my password which I did.
Now I have been anxious all day worrying what the hacker accessed, has he/she now got access to my Gmail account which is linked to my Facebook account, have they sent nasty PM's to my friends etc.

Did anyone else get an email like this?
Did you notice anything strange with their Facebook account, email account, or computer after?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    What a bastard. Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Got an email from Facebook security this morning, part of it reads:

"Your Facebook account was recently logged into from a computer, mobile device or other location you've never used before. For your protection, we've temporarily locked your account until you can review this activity and make sure no one is using your account without your permission."...

i got this notice once....well actually twice..... turns out it was me trying to access my FB account from chicago.... and Hell-A :roll: :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    If I were you I would change all of my passwords just to be on the safe side.
  • Now someone has tried to hack my Google account. :o :shock: :?
    Got this email from Google an hour ago:

Suspicious sign in prevented

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account - <!-- e --><a href="mailto:__________@gmail.com">__________@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:25:50 AM UTC
    IP Address: 76.79.10.194 (rrcs-76-79-10-194.west.biz.rr.com.)

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

If this was you, and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Note: This email address cannot accept replies.

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts Team

WTF is going on, I am really worried here. :?
    Anyone else get an email like this?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    I'm sorry this happened to you, such an invasion of privacy... :x
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I'm sorry too. Search on "facebook+hack" to read what their capabilities are and what they can see in your account. A friend (with a small number of friends) was hacked last year and he told me his friend disappeared. He thought the hacker was from a diet fb page he had "liked." I'm not sure, but I think when a person sends you a fb PM, that might be a way into your account.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Definitely change your passwords.
  • I have now changed my password.
    Also I enabled 2-step verification on my Gmail account.
    So if someone tries to log in from a different computer a text message is sent to my phone number with a code.
    It is good but I cannot clear my cookies from my browser if I do I will have to re-enter the text code.
    My Gmail stopped working on my Android phone due to the changes I made and had to work out how to get it working again, pain in the ass.
    :x