Audio/Visual stuff you've bought multiple times

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
"This is gonna replace CD's soon; guess I'll have to buy the White Album again."
Agent K (Men In Black)

I've noticed that I have several music and video possessions that I've bought in multiple formats. Ya know...updating from a DVD to a Blu-Ray and stuff like that. And I don't consider it a waste of money or anything like that. But it's kinda like...they get ya comin' and they get ya goin'. But I want the highest quality of my favorite stuff and have to live with it.

Here's a list:

MUSIC

The Beatles
-Entire CD catalog (1988 releases)
-Stereo Boxset (2009 reissues)
-Mono Boxset (2009 reissues)
-Sgt. Peppers (1967 US vinyl)
-Sgt. Peppers (2012 vinyl)
-The White Album (2012 vinyl)
-Abbey Road (1969 US vinyl)

Pearl Jam
-Ten (1991 CD)
-Ten (1991 Vinyl)
-Ten (2009 3 Disc CD/DVD)
-Ten (2009 Redux Vinyl)
-Vs (1993 CD that didn't say "Vs" on it)
-Vs (1993 jewel case CD that did say "Vs" on it)
-Vs/Vitalogy (2011 3 disc CD)
-Vs (2011 vinyl)
-Vitalogy (1994 CD)
-Vitalogy (1994 vinyl)
-Vitalogy (2011 vinyl)

Led Zeppelin
-Complete Studio Recordings (1993 boxset)
-Each album's first vinyl pressing (a STEAL on eBay years ago! $70 for every LP!)

Pink Floyd
Dark Side of the Moon (20th, 30th, 40th anniversary editions)
The Wall (original CD release, recent reissue)
Animals (original CD release, recent reissue)
Wish You Were Here (original CD release, recent reissue)
Piper At The Gates ((original CD release, 40th anniversary 3 disc reissue)

VIDEO

Star Wars Trilogy
-1997 VHS collection
-2004 individual DVD releases that had both a special edition and original theatrical version
-2011 Blu-Ray

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same
-VHS
-DVD from the early days of DVDs
-Blu-Ray
-Special edition DVD (a gift from someone that didn't know I had the Blu-Ray)

Ghosbusters
-Old VHS
-VERY old VHS
-Ghosbusters 1 & 2 DVD set
-Blu-Ray

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
-2 Disc DVDs of each film
-4 Disc extened DVDs of each film
-Single disc Blu-Rays of each film

The Big Lebowski
-VHS
-First DVD Release
-Collectors Edition that has Dude's face on the front and the rug in his sunglasses
-10th anniversary edition that came in a bowling ball
-Blu-Ray

The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour
-VHS
-Crappy DVD that was unauthorized and sucked I probably should just throw it away now that I got...
-Blu-Ray

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
-DVD
-Blu-Ray
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Y'know something? I've never actually bought a copy of the original version of Ten.

I bought the superdeluxe box set AND the standalone vinyl reissue, but I've never actually purchased a copy of the original release.

A friend of a friend gave me the cassette when it first came out and then a year or so later my girlfriend (who is now my wife) bought the CD, so it just kinda got merged into my collection.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JTH wrote:
    Y'know something? I've never actually bought a copy of the original version of Ten.

Freeloader. :lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

I didn't actually "buy" it until the 2-disc reissue came out. I had a copy of the original CD, but I traded a kid for it when I was in high school. I gave him some 90's punk CD that I can't remember, and he gave me Ten and a Kurt Cobain poster.

Specifically this one

105317379_kurt-cobain-nirvana-guitar-poster-22-x-34-8120-amazoncom.jpg

I think I came out ahead.

As for the original question. Probably too many to name. Probably the thing I've bought the most in my days have been various releases of the original Star Wars trilogy. Hell, I had 3-4 different versions on VHS alone.

In the days before mp3 (which I was late to the game to) I went through at least 3 No Code and Yield CDs each.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    DS1119 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

Guilty as charged.