ichiro [crawler]

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Who/what is this member?
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    It's a program that's indexing information from here for a Japanese search engine, like "Google [bot]"
  • whats the difference between a crawler and a bot?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyzes and files information from web servers. Bots may also be implemented where a response speed faster than that of humans is required (e.g., video gaming bots and auction-site robots) or less commonly in situations where the emulation of human activity is required, for example chat bots. Recently bots have been used for search advertising, such as Google AdSense.[1]

according to Wiki
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    reading about crawlers, looks like all crawlers are bots but not all bots are crawlers.

So if you searched 'pearl jam' a crawler bot would provide you with cached info from the forums here.

google your forum name and see what happens...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I believe this is an Ichiro crawler.

ichirostretch.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:

google your forum name and see what happens...

Whoa...this is totally off the topic, but I just googled my forum name and it popped up with just about every picture I've ever posted here. Friggen freaky.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119 wrote:

ichirostretch.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:

ichirostretch.jpg
    someone photoshop some poop on the ground and that photo is gold.
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

ichirostretch.jpg
    someone photoshop some poop on the ground and that photo is gold.
    He seems to be constipated.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

That;s why it's called the Ichiro crawler. :lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:

That;s why it's called the Ichiro crawler. :lol:
    Tell the captain