Options

Reason for limited number of Fan Club Tickets

ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I was the one who wrote that there would be enough tix for the MSG shows for all fan club members who wanted to buy them. Not sure exactly how many active members of the fan club there are, but I highly doubt 8K members got tix to MSG 1.

I rememeber reading a story about band fanclubs and ticket allotments for venues, Metallica, U2, DMB and PJ were mentioned. I believe since 2003 either the venues or TM has placed a percentage on the amount of tix that can be controlled by the band for its own purposes.

Perhaps this is why they appear to be so limited to Camden, DC and now MSG?
"I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    ontheroad wrote:
    I was the one who wrote that there would be enough tix for the MSG shows for all fan club members who wanted to buy them. Not sure exactly how many active members of the fan club there are, but I highly doubt 8K members got tix to MSG 1.

I rememeber reading a story about band fanclubs and ticket allotments for venues, Metallica, U2, DMB and PJ were mentioned. I believe since 2003 either the venues or TM has placed a percentage on the amount of tix that can be controlled by the band for its own purposes.

you dont say...really???

this certainly needed another new thread...bump!
  • Options
    vedder360vedder360 Posts: 97
    This has been mentioned all over the board since thursday!!
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
    Then what is the hysteria about? Get a grip on reality. So you got shut out, Suck it up.
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    ontheroad wrote:

It is 10%. We have known this for years.
  • Options
    sxysadiesxysadie Posts: 43
    It is 10%. We have known this for years.
    If we have known this for years, why are people ranting about how the 10c sucks? A suggestion for the people who got MSG1 tix, let those who didn't get MSG2 tix.

Oh no I want both - let's just trash the 10c!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride! -Unknown