Options

What's Wrong With Colour?

polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
recent news here about pedestrian deaths - getting hit by cars ... most of these people were all wearing dark clothing and in this time of year where daylight is near it's minimum - we often see a lot of accidents ... not to deflect blame from drivers but i ride a bike most of the year and i'm like a cussing amusement park ... even when i ride transit in the winter - i notice that everyone wears fucking black or grey ...

like what the cuss is wrong with wearing colour in the winter!?? ... if anything - it's probably the season we need it most! ...

anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    It's spelled funny?
  • Options
    You know just like I do here is our fair city, black is a cool colour for any occasion. I missed a lady yesterday on an unlit backstreet by about two feet as she of course was in black from head to toe, with a black umbrella, walking on the black of tar, and topped off by walking with the traffic instead of against it, as we were all taught as children growing up in Canada. Colour eh!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    And while we are at it. Maybe somebody should send the memo that wool hoodies are not, I repeat, not for winter or cold weather use.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rollings wrote:
    It's spelled funny?

So is centre.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    polaris_x wrote:
    recent news here about pedestrian deaths - getting hit by cars ... most of these people were all wearing dark clothing and in this time of year where daylight is near it's minimum - we often see a lot of accidents ... not to deflect blame from drivers but i ride a bike most of the year and i'm like a cussing amusement park ... even when i ride transit in the winter - i notice that everyone wears fucking black or grey ...

like what the cuss is wrong with wearing colour in the winter!?? ... if anything - it's probably the season we need it most! ...

anyone?

interesting, because we've had a quite a few pedestrian's hit recently in this area too, seemingly more so than usual. Not sure what they were wearing though.
  • Options
    interesting, because we've had a quite a few pedestrian's hit recently in this area too, seemingly more so than usual. Not sure what they were wearing though.

either black or merchandise from a NY sports team

seriously people ... life is depressing enough as it is in the winter sometimes ... also - if you're wearing black for the slimming effect ... the gig is up - everyone knows already ... plus - what kind of life is it if you walk around ashamed of your body type ... wear some bright colours and while you're at it ... throw in some horizontal stripes!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    rollings wrote:
    It's spelled funny?

Very similar to the band Living Colour. That said this time of year is very dangerous wearing black or dark colors especially when crossing winter streets. I've come many times nearly missing pedestrians trying to cross streets even down here in wide open and flat South Florida.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    people here wear orange reflective vests 8-)

snazzy
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    The answer is reflectors! http://www.liikenneturva.fi/www/fi/anim ... in/en.html (I hope that works, cause it's pretty cool.) :thumbup:

http://www.liikenneturva.fi/tietolehti/ ... lector.php

They're cheap and fun. Or boring, if you prefer that - there's something for everyone. :D I keep not realising that while this for me is a given and I will always wear one in the darker months, it's not really such a well known thing globally. (From what I understand.) Sadly also only about half of the Finnish population use them, even though by law you should.

In championing for reflectors though, there's nothing wrong with some colour! :mrgreen: Of course, my winter coat is dark green.. :roll: :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    see I told you . . .

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8916187

doesn't mention what she was wearing though.

it seems to happen almost every day now

One recent victim was staying in a hotel in South Jersey because he was displaced from hurricane Sandy, only to be struck and killed while walking along a highway
  • Options
    seems like a lot of the vehicles are suvs too ...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    you wear dark clothing while walking/running at night you deserve to be hit...and especially to those same people who choose to not use the sidewalk...there's a special place in hell for you
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    norm wrote:
    and especially to those same people who choose to not use the sidewalk...there's a special place in hell for you

Is it a sidewalk?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I almost didn't see a few young people running across the street the other night. (This was a street six lanes wide with lots of traffic!)

What in the world were they thinking of? It was too dark to see them until I was just a few feet away. :shock:

It would have been horrible if I hadn't seen them!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    and especially to those same people who choose to not use the sidewalk...there's a special place in hell for you

Is it a sidewalk?

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Sun Ice was so 1989.
    Sun-Ice-WInd-Breaker.jpg
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    It's spelled funny?

So is centre.

Defence too.
  • Options
    two more

What IS going on? There definitely seems to be an increase lately

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... _foot.html
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    It's spelled funny?

So is centre.

Defence too.
    That's my favourite.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    polaris_x wrote:

anyone?
    Even worse out here is that people in the city just step right out into an intersection without waiting to make sure traffic will stop.
  • Options
    Sun Ice was so 1989.
    Sun-Ice-WInd-Breaker.jpg

far west!

haha