need Rock/Band Book recommendations

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Can anybody recommend any good Band Books? Just finished Motleys The Dirt & Stones' Old Gods Almost Dead. Getting ready to start Zeppelins Trampled under foot & Keith Richards book.

Any others I should check out? thx
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Neil Young's Shakey is a great book. He has a new one out as well...need to pick it up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    scar tissue

a++++++
  • It's not quite a band book, but a kind of rock documentary book :) Pretty interesting stuff, I loved it.

Nick Kent: The Dark Stuff - Selected writings on rock music
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    scar tissue

a++++++

This is a staple and "Heavier Than Heaven" on Kurt Cobain is one that I love too.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,849
    Another one on Zep Hammer Of The Gods? Tour manager wrote it.

Umm, The Doors No One Gets Out Of Here Alive
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    mickeyrat wrote:

No, Hammer of the Gods is not the one written by their tour manager.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • There is a lot of good suggestions in this thread;
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=187864&hilit=Books&start=0#p4373757
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,849
    tybird wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

been so long since I regualrly obsessed about Zep. Here was my mistake

from wiki page on the above book.
    Since Led Zeppelin's breakup in 1980, Cole has contributed to unofficial Led Zeppelin biographies, most notably Stephen Davis' much-maligned biography Hammer of the Gods.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

been so long since I regualrly obsessed about Zep. Here was my mistake

from wiki page on the above book.
    Since Led Zeppelin's breakup in 1980, Cole has contributed to unofficial Led Zeppelin biographies, most notably Stephen Davis' much-maligned biography Hammer of the Gods.
    Either Cole or Peter Grant did actually write their own book...I believe..have not googled it yet however
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Full Moon - Keith Moon, by Dougal Butler
    Here's Richard Cole's book.....have never read it, so I can't give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.

http://www.amazon.com/Stairway-Heaven-L ... ppelin+faq
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Nick Mason's Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd.

LOTS of great stuff in there if you're into Floyd.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Nick Mason's Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd.

LOTS of great stuff in there if you're into Floyd.
    Yeah....that one is a winner....."Genesis...Subject and Verse" is another good one.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    If you are interested in the concert business, the Bill Graham biography is very interesting.
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Get in the Van: On the Road with Black Flag by Henry Rollins
    I lost a bet...