Coffee Thread: Starbucks vs. Dunkin vs. ???

2»

Comments

• HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Hartydog wrote:
    [quote="markin ball"DD medium roast is very decent. Starbucks Sumatra is good, too. But Illy is the best. Sometimes, you do get what you pay for.

Are you saying Illy for espresso? Because for espresso they are horrible

Got any a suggestions, then? I see you posted twice and just said what you thought sucks. Espresso and coffee choices, mr. expert, please.[/quote]

I buy Italian Roast beans from a local shop to make espresso with. That's not a typical setup for most folks with using a darker roast for espresso. As far as commercial shops Starbucks has the most consistent flavor (not best), enjoyed Blue Bottle on the West Coast (I think they're in NY as well), Peet's isn't bad but not many in my area at all.

I definitely avoid Illy and Lavazza - it just tends to be gunk in most places that serve it.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Dunkins

No stores here in Chillicothe but I buy the big ass brew at home bags.
    My butt itches!
  • Dunkin for me. Most Starbucks just tastes like burnt coffee to me. Although come October I love their pumpkin spice though.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    dunkin donuts should drive through all of their franchises and taste how shitty their coffee can get. I'm one that enjoys consistency and if I go to starbucks in CT and one in Timbuktu, it'll taste the same. I've gone to D&D's on the same street and one tastes like shit and one is good.
  • "Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You'll get what you're looking for, but it's gonna be rough" - Adam Hills
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Peete's Uzuri Blend, or I go local.

http://birdrockcoffeeroasters.com/
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball