gnats, my unlost bug moment

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
went to lunch......and ended up sending this email to them....

Just wanted to write to you about your bar. We stopped in today, Sat December 8th for a quick lunch. We sat down at the bar ordered drinks and were dive bombed by a multitude of gnats. We thought it might be one or two, but they kept coming. We tried to get past it and ordered some food, but the gnats kept attacking. We moved to a window seat and saw a couple of more flying creatures. At this point, we realized the bar area was less than clean, which made us wonder if this is how the public portion of the bar is kept, what does the kitchen look like. The more we sat there wondering, the less hungry we became. Ultimately, we couldn't stomach the thought, so I tossed the bartender a 20 and left without finishing our drinks or waiting for the food.

I write not asking for anything, because we won't ever be back, however, i feel you deserve to know why we left, and what your customers are encountering in your establishment.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Eeewwww :sick:
    ELITIST FUK
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,838
    local joint or chain?

whats the name of the place?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    local joint or chain?

local place

Celtic knot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    local joint or chain?

local place

Celtic knot
    maybe they are going for historical realism?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    local joint or chain?

local place

Celtic knot
    maybe they are going for historical realism?

maybe they are going for fewer customers. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Did they respond to your email yet?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Did they respond to your email yet?

nope....

i'd say the odds of a reply are less than 10%

maybe i'll tweet them later in the week to ask if they cleaned up the joint.

this place also had the worst bartender i've ever come across....couldn't hear a word he said. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    What's with unlost and bugs?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=166943&hilit=cockroach

I don't think 'Bugs' is her favorite PJ song...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    A few of us went to lunch once and everyone but me ordered French Onion soup. I don’t do cheese or soup for that matter, but one found a GRASSHOPPER in her soup. She was sitting next to me, and I pushed myself away from that table so fast . . .GROSS.
    i would have posted this sooner.......but...you know...

anyways, they replied on the 13th of december

please accept my sincere apology for your bad experience here. We take this issue very seriously, and we thank you for communicating the problem so clearly to us. Please rest assured that we are working hard to rectify the problem with bar flies, and we do hold the bar and kitchen to high standards of cleanliness.

Naturally, we would like the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincere regards,
    Jamie Evans
    The Celtic Knot Public House
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    were they gnats or fruit flies?

either way ... you did them a huge favour ... pretty nice of you to throw the guy a 20 ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    were they gnats or fruit flies?

either way ... you did them a huge favour ... pretty nice of you to throw the guy a 20 ...

could have been fruit flies. [will shrug]

woman thought i was goofy for leaving anything....and i somewhat agree, but we just wanted to get out of there....in hindsight, should have asked for a manager.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So I take it they never responded to your complaint? If they didn't that's probably just as bad as the bugs.
    DS1119 wrote:
    So I take it they never responded to your complaint? If they didn't that's probably just as bad as the bugs.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=200506#p4829853
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p4829853

Wow. How the hell did I miss that. :fp:
    81 wrote:
    i would have posted this sooner.......but...you know...

anyways, they replied on the 13th of december

please accept my sincere apology for your bad experience here. We take this issue very seriously, and we thank you for communicating the problem so clearly to us. Please rest assured that we are working hard to rectify the problem with bar flies, and we do hold the bar and kitchen to high standards of cleanliness.

Naturally, we would like the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincere regards,
    Jamie Evans
    The Celtic Knot Public House
    So they no longer serve the chronically alcoholic? That is what they mean by "bar flys" right? hehehee

mickeyrat wrote:
    So they no longer serve the chronically alcoholic? That is what they mean by "bar flys" right? hehehee

i'll ask him the next time i stop in.....or never.

i do want to go in and see if they are still around tho.

the is zero reason to allow that to happen....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg