Philly Folk

Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm heading down to The Who show tomorrow and was planning on checking out Xfinity Live (never been), but if its going to rain all day tomorrow I may just head to Chickie and Pete's and take the Taxi Crab. My question, since Xfinity openned, does C & P's still get overly crowded?

I'm just trying to come up with a plan. Army / Navy game traffic, rain... :fp:
I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :think:
    This sounds like a good question for Pure and Easy. You Pete songs need to get together. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    I'm heading down to The Who show tomorrow and was planning on checking out Xfinity Live (never been), but if its going to rain all day tomorrow I may just head to Chickie and Pete's and take the Taxi Crab. My question, since Xfinity openned, does C & P's still get overly crowded?

Go for Xfinity. There is a lot of room indoors. 4 different bar/restaurants and a huge middle area with a couple bars.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I'd have no problem buying yourself, pure and easy or any other Whooligan a drink :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Go for Xfinity. There is a lot of room indoors. 4 different bar/restaurants and a huge middle area with a couple bars.

My concern is getting from the car to bar then bar to Wells Fargo in a cold rain. Yep, sounds a little whiny but I don't want to get soaked :lol:

Can you get food easy at Xfinity? These may be dumb questions, but I'm only going off of pics of the place and I generally see 10,000 people inside :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It's not supposed to rain all day I don't think. Xfinity is close (it's the old Spectrum) but I've found that when there is something going on, it gets mobbed, so we're eating/drinking in center city, then hopping on the Broad Street line.

And if the Army/Navy game is in town (I had no idea it was :lol: ) then it really will be mobbed.

Are staying in town? PM me, and we can make plans! :D

I'm already planning on meeting up with solat13.
    :think:
    This sounds like a good question for Pure and Easy. You Pete songs need to get together. :lol:

I LOVE THAT :D
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My concern is getting from the car to bar then bar to Wells Fargo in a cold rain. Yep, sounds a little whiny but I don't want to get soaked :lol:

Can you get food easy at Xfinity? These may be dumb questions, but I'm only going off of pics of the place and I generally see 10,000 people inside :lol:

They have these things, I am not sure if you have ever heard of them but they are called umbrellas and you hold them over your head and believe it or not, they block the rain. ;) Only kidding. Yeah, as Pure and Easy said, it might get a little packed down there. I haven't been to chickies in a while during event so I'm not sure about that.

Ahh, it all really depends on how many people. There is the beer hall which you should be able to get a seat at one of the long tables and get food but I don't know if I would rely on it. I think xfinity is a good spot and worth checking out at least for a beer or two, but you may want to grab something somewhere else for food.
    Cliffy, I don't ever carry an umbrella. Those things are a pain in the ass. And if I carry one into a drinking establishment, I'm sure as hell not carrying it out. That'll stay right where I left it. Just like every jacket I take into a bar :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• :think:

I'd like to change my screen name to Sparks and join ya'll. :mrgreen:
    Cliffy, I don't ever carry an umbrella. Those things are a pain in the ass. And if I carry one into a drinking establishment, I'm sure as hell not carrying it out. That'll stay right where I left it. Just like every jacket I take into a bar :lol:

:lol: I hear you and I rarely do myself.
    Cliffy, are you going?
    :think:

I'd like to change my screen name to Sparks and join ya'll. :mrgreen:
    A woman after my own heart, I absolutely LOVE Tommy. The Overture is the most fabulous piece of music EVER. :D
    Cliffy, are you going?

Not as of now, just trying to help out. Didn't realize it was this weekend, but now that I do, just glanced on Stubhub so if I can drag someone possibly.
  • A woman after my own heart, I absolutely LOVE Tommy. The Overture is the most fabulous piece of music EVER. :D
    Yeah, people complained that they kept doing that encore of Tommy songs. I NEVER got tired of it.
    A woman after my own heart, I absolutely LOVE Tommy. The Overture is the most fabulous piece of music EVER. :D
    Yeah, people complained that they kept doing that encore of Tommy songs. I NEVER got tired of it.

NEVER, EVER, EVER!!

Cliffy, do you know SOLAT13 (Joe), I think he's going solo, I mean, once the show starts, I'm all alone anyway! :D In my own little world.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    And if the Army/Navy game is in town (I had no idea it was :lol: ) then it really will be mobbed.

The Army-Navy game is at the Linc tomorrow and starts at 3:00 PM. For those going to The WHO I'd suggest you arrive down there between 4:00-6:00 pm while the game is going on. Going to be a mess down there.
    Chickie and Pete's was the answer. Small crowd.

Few beers, crab fries... The Fucking Who

Great day!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Chickie and Pete's was the answer. Small crowd.

Few beers, crab fries... The Fucking Who

Great day!!

I think my friend said he was gonna do the same thing. Him and his wife are going to the show also and were considering leaving earlier cause of the Army/Navy game and stopping at Chickie & Pete's.

edit: have fun!

busy concert night in philly. Smashing Pumpkins at the SBC in Camden and i'll be at the Japandroids show at the Union Transfer :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Go Army / Beat Navy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead