December 7th

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Good day to remember all of our veterans.

:clap:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :clap: :thumbup:
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    :clap::clap::clap:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Just heard a news story that all WWII vets will be gone by 2027. :(

May be never forget all those kiled in war yes I totally agree.

But today 71 yrs ago many of our grandparents were hearing shocking and sad news from Hawaii.

Having had a grandfather at Pearl on this morning and now a nephew in the Navy may we never forget Dec 7th 1941.
  • :clap::clap:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :thumbup: :clap:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • December 7th and June 6th are great dates to remember
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Nice thread

a nice thing to do for the holidays is to send the troops that are currently serving a nice holiday greeting!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,678
    We watched The Tuskegee Airmen last night. An amazing story! (And that's coming from someone who is anti-war.)

My father served in the Solomon Islands during WWII. He was rejected by the Navy for having flat feet so he spent several days rubbing dirt around the bottom edges of his feet to make them appear normal and went back in to enlist and was accepted. He really believed in what he was doing and I respect that. And again, this is coming from someone who is anti-war.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    reading the paper at lunch and there is a laundry list of things that happened today....including two presidents being elected

today was all the first time video review was used in football.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg