Gary Bettman is a little fucker. I hate him.

Anyone out there like this fuck? Does he really think hockey belongs in the States that don't have natural ice and snow. He is such a fuck I hate him and his sidekick Daly. 2 lawyers from the U.S. should not be running the NHL. HOckey is A Canadian game, go back to basketball Bettman.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    I've not had too many good experiences with guys named Gary. I don't know the details here (I don't follow hockey), but I think if you take hockey out of Canada doesn't the country just fall apart?

I also think its ridiculous that Phoenix, AZ, has a hockey team. The hottest city on earth has an ice hockey team. And Winnipeg JUST got their Jets back?!?!?! Wtf...
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • I just watched his podium speech after today's meetings again on sportscentre, he makes me very angry, like nothing else in this world. I miss the days when it was just hockey and all you needed was a puck and 2 teams and a sheet of ice to play. Money is a fucker.

It really pisses me off that 2 American lawyers that came from the NBA and a dipshit that used to be with MLB. Are running the NHL. don't seem right!
    I should run that league, #FuckGary
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Im not very fond of a lot of things that have occurred under Bettman. You have the fact that he came in as basically a know-nothing midget-suit. And then you have the overly aggressive Southern expansion, the elimination of the classic Divisions such as the Adams, the Smythe, to make the names Geographical and sterile. then you get the lockout of 1995, which actually hurt the NHL side greatly, almost killed numerous teams. Then you get allowing (encouraging) teams to relocate for better "deals" and we lost the North Stars, Whalers, Jets, and Nordiques. Came very close to losing the Oilers, Flames, maybe Sabres and Penguins. The gradual erosion of the "tough" play that helps make hockey so heart-pounding. Then the lockout that lost a season for the salary cap, however, the agents and big spending clubs found a lot of holes in the system.... to now.

He is an easy scapegoat and he is the face you can blame.

However, he is just an extension of the B.O.G. and the owners as a whole. They unanimously vote to extend his contract. If it is not him, it would be some other suit... and lets face it, being commish of the NHL for like 25 years he has had to pick some stuff up and have some hockey knowledge, correct?

Look at the other major sports' commissioners: Stern, Goodell, and Selig. I actually dont think we have it that bad. You also look at other sports and they all have eroded from a lot of the things we love starting around the same time (mid-90's). The influx of "super-money" has in essense poisoned major pro sports.

Ideally I would love for there to be a 'hockey guy' who is also business savvy as commissioner. It wont happen. The commissioner's position in sports now is to be the greaseman at the front who takes the heat for doing the owners' bidding.

If you are going to get mad at Bettman/Daly, also be furious at the NHL Owners, Donald Fehr, and the highest paid players. These people choose to be adversaries instead of partners.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Im not very fond of a lot of things that have occurred under Bettman. You have the fact that he came in as basically a know-nothing midget-suit. And then you have the overly aggressive Southern expansion, the elimination of the classic Divisions such as the Adams, the Smythe, to make the names Geographical and sterile. then you get the lockout of 1995, which actually hurt the NHL side greatly, almost killed numerous teams. Then you get allowing (encouraging) teams to relocate for better "deals" and we lost the North Stars, Whalers, Jets, and Nordiques. Came very close to losing the Oilers, Flames, maybe Sabres and Penguins. The gradual erosion of the "tough" play that helps make hockey so heart-pounding. Then the lockout that lost a season for the salary cap, however, the agents and big spending clubs found a lot of holes in the system.... to now.

He is an easy scapegoat and he is the face you can blame.

However, he is just an extension of the B.O.G. and the owners as a whole. They unanimously vote to extend his contract. If it is not him, it would be some other suit... and lets face it, being commish of the NHL for like 25 years he has had to pick some stuff up and have some hockey knowledge, correct?

Look at the other major sports' commissioners: Stern, Goodell, and Selig. I actually dont think we have it that bad. You also look at other sports and they all have eroded from a lot of the things we love starting around the same time (mid-90's). The influx of "super-money" has in essense poisoned major pro sports.

Ideally I would love for there to be a 'hockey guy' who is also business savvy as commissioner. It wont happen. The commissioner's position in sports now is to be the greaseman at the front who takes the heat for doing the owners' bidding.

If you are going to get mad at Bettman/Daly, also be furious at the NHL Owners, Donald Fehr, and the highest paid players. These people choose to be adversaries instead of partners.

You obviously know what your talking about MayDay!
    I agree with everything you said and I don't usually agree with anyone.
    Fact is I hate Gary Bettman and all the corporate fuckers out there.
    Alan Eagleson looks better every day
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I have no opinion on this matter. But I must say I quite enjoy your rants :thumbup:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    +1

What n asshole!

He's the reason the Last strike took forever!

We need a New Boss!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:....froms who's point of view....ask Bobby Orr about the Eagle or any other players who had dealings with him.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Doesn't matter who the commissioner is ... he is just doing the owners bidding. Problem 1, 3 teams account for 83% of the league revenue, Problem 2, that means far too many teams not making money. And I don't support revenue sharing in hockey for the simple fact that the NHL has far too few teams making any real money and why should a guy in Montreal pay twice as much as someone in Tampa or Dallas?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:....froms who's point of view....ask Bobby Orr about the Eagle or any other players who had dealings with him.

I know all about how crooked the Eagle was but at least he did great things for the game at one point. Give me one good thing that Bettman has done? Name one?
    lukin2006 wrote:

I know all about how crooked the Eagle was but at least he did great things for the game at one point. Give me one good thing that Bettman has done? Name one?

the salary cap ... which has lead to no repeat champions ... each and every playoff team can win the cup ... just ask Boston and LA. What great things did Eagle do?

• HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Worst commissioner ever.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Fuck him, but I love the Yotes.
    Hartydog wrote:
    Worst commissioner ever.

I doubt he's the worst commissioner ever ... the game has grown considerably under his watch ... record league revenues. The players are making are making more money than they could ever have imagined making ...

The problem is hockey in the US doesn't do well ... I would guess it always comes behind baseball, basketball and football in terms of peoples spending habit in markets it must go head to head. I would also guess that as far as revenue goes it comes in well behind the 3 major sports.

The average salary of NHL players is more than NFL ...

Average Salaries in the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10423863

I'm certainly no fan of Bettman ... but these players are doing very well in a league in which far too many teams are doing poorly.