Options

2003 CD Bootleg

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
A co-worker of mine bought the May 3rd 2003 State College bootleg accidentally. She wanted nothingman, but the studio version. She gave the bootleg CD to me :)

It's really cool. I'm not a big bootleg fan. Usually, I just want the ones to concerts I attended, but I could see how something like this could hook people in. What's a good PJ year to explore? 2003? 2005? I have a few from 2006 already through trades and attending concerts.

What do you think?

I hope to have a PodCast going by the Autumn Solstice. It would be in three parts - Book Review/Recipe Review/PJ Bootleg Review. I just thought of the PJ part after listening to this Cd. I bet used record stores are bootleg goldmines, eh?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oh shit. You realize it's all down hill from here don't you?

1996 is amazing. Imagine No Code live. It's all here. I have all 32 shows.

Who You Are regularly. Black Red Yellow. It's amazing to hear No Code songs so common in setlists for that tour.

I'm going through 1998 right now, am about 40 shows in, and it's brilliant.

As good as the 2006 tour was, the early stuff, which is harder to get, is amazing. I would look for 1995/1996 shows, they all sound great, and they're amazing shows.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    State College 03 was the first PJ CD i bought in 04...even flow psycho ever since
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    I decided to follow my lead yesterday, and I brought E. Rutherford 2006 #1 into work. Given to Fly is on right now, and I'm just totally, utterly, and completely full of JOY!!!!!!!

Yippee, yippee yea! What a beautiful song, what a wonderful night!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I decided to follow my lead yesterday, and I brought E. Rutherford 2006 #1 into work. Given to Fly is on right now, and I'm just totally, utterly, and completely full of JOY!!!!!!!

Yippee, yippee yea! What a beautiful song, what a wonderful night!

You need to visit my 2005/2006 Download thread dear....

It's a gold mine.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    You need to visit my 2005/2006 Download thread dear....

It's a gold mine.
    Wow

let me say that again

Wow - that is soooooome dedication. Way to go! My hat is off to you and the others that contributed freely to that thread. Pretty nice community spirit in there.

I'm glad there's tips on how to download throughout as I was about to waste time downloading something because I didn't join this or that whatever first. I'll get it eventually. So, they can be saved on the desktop, and then copies to CD-R? Any other tips I should know to get it to a CD?
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Wow

let me say that again

Wow - that is soooooome dedication. Way to go! My hat is off to you and the others that contributed freely to that thread. Pretty nice community spirit in there.

I'm glad there's tips on how to download throughout as I was about to waste time downloading something because I didn't join this or that whatever first. I'll get it eventually. So, they can be saved on the desktop, and then copies to CD-R? Any other tips I should know to get it to a CD?

Nope, it's really as simple as it looks. Download 'winrar'. You can find free versions of it online. Download a show, and winrar should open it automatically, if not, save it when you download it, and open it manually. Once extracted, you can listen to it on your pc, then burn it to disc.

Most of the shows on there come w/artwork too. Enjoy yourself here. You're gonna have months of 2005/2006 madness.... it was such a wonderful tour to go through and listen to each show.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)