Pearl Jam trendsetting.

Do you notice how many bands and musicians do everything super deluxe nowadays? Fuck, I seen a Kesha super deluxe CD, I don't recall seeing that sales scheme until TEN got reissued.. TEN reissue is phenomenal.Also since PJ20 how many other bands have celebrated 10/20/50 years, the Stones get a pass.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I think it's the music industry more then PJ, marketing people are evil, it's true ive met them, actual horns coming out the tops of theirs heads and they have hooves, so at least you can hear them coming. Awful, Awful people.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I don't think remastering a record and rereleasing it is anything new or earth shattering.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I don't think remastering a record and rereleasing it is anything new or earth shattering.

I agree nothing earth shattering. My point is prior to TEN being reissued, when had you ever heard the phrase "Super Deluxe" edition?
    My second point was prior to Pearl Jam 20, when had you heard of a band celebrating an anniversary of their first record?
    I can't think of any, now you have Nirvana, Soundgarden, the Stones, celebration day by Zep.