Options

Atoms For Peace - AMOK

13»

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JH6056 wrote:
    Me again - Suziemay what you wrote also made me think about Atoms vs. Radiohead. Seems to me that, even though Yorke has gotten more comfy and relaxed as the focal point (from the audience's point of view) in Radiohead, he still seems to try to minimize himself a bit to share the light with the other members. Not that they don't also command it, I think they do, and at Radiohead shows I never find myself only looking at Yorke, they're all so amazing live. But with Atoms Yorke seems so comfy jumping and dancing and jiggling all over, he just looks more free to be active and lively, which I figure is at least in part about not being self-conscious about being "the lead singer of Radiohead". Do you have the same impression?
    :wave: :wave:
    So, I've only seen them each once and had a much better seat for Atoms. Thom definitely seemed more lively with Atoms. Maybe because it's not his main gig and he feels he has more freedom? And also how can he not feed off Flea? With the Radiohead show, I remember seeing him do his wobble-dance a lot, but with Atoms, it was full out kicking and nunchucking and goodness knows what else!

My favourite performance was Harrowdown Hill :) The sound's not too good but you'll see what I'm talking about with the dancing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x8Kf5Fukm0
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    At work but will watch this tonight at home. Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    Here's a picture I took in Milan that very much says it all. Thom dancing and Flea hammering the bass... :)

Atoms%20For%20Peace%20-%20Milan%20Small.jpg
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
  • Options