I Want to hear your opinion.

2»

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    this guy is a total fraud.....not even homeless
    I fucking KNEW yesterday, that this story was going to take a turn.
    ALL the fucking clues were right there...

He is hiding the shoes?
    He is afraid the shoes might get stolen?
    He wants a piece of the pie?

I FUCKING KNEW this story would take a turn.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    this guy is a total fraud.....not even homeless
    I fucking KNEW yesterday, that this story was going to take a turn.
    ALL the fucking clues were right there...

He is hiding the shoes?
    He is afraid the shoes might get stolen?
    He wants a piece of the pie?

I FUCKING KNEW this story would take a turn.

Again though people can't characterize everyone on the streets like this guy. Me personally I'm a sucker for giving money to the homeless. If anything it makes me feel good so I guess there's that.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    edited December 2012
    Im pretty sure each and every one of us here, tries our best to be decent, compassionate, human beings. None of us our perfect, we all have our little demons, we all have our faults. Myself? If I were to be walking the streets of Chicago and I came upon what I thought was a homeless person, in the middle of December, and that person wasnt wearing shoes? There is a good chance I might just stop in a Wal-Mart and see what I could do for that person. I think most of us here would do the same. But reading that story yesterday, there was no doubt in my mind that this guy wasnt, I hate to say this, "deserving" of those shoes. Im sorry but some people are just assholes, some people are con-artists. The second that guy said what he had to say about "hiding" the shoes, and "wanting a piece of the pie", I no longer gave a fuck about him and his shoes. Im sorry, but I am just being honest.

I have always been able to spot a con artist, a mile away. I have always tried my best not to be "suckered in", by assholes who just try to take advantage of the decency and generosity of other people. This homeless guy came across as nothing but a con artist to me, right from the beginning.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    This is an unfortunate case where this happened to be caught on film and now it's this huge story so everyone assumes it's this hue problem. I'm still waiting for all of the stories to be published from yesterday of people giving money to the homeless who actually needed it and appreciated it. Something tells me those stories will never be told.
  • Im pretty sure each and every one of us here, tries our best to be decent, compassionate, human beings. None of us our perfect, we all have our little demons, we all have our faults. Myself? If I were to be walking the streets of Chicago and I came upon what I thought was a homeless person, in the middle of December, and that person wasnt wearing shoes? There is a good chance I might just stop in a Wal-Mart and see what I could do for that person. I think most of us here would do the same. But reading that story yesterday, there was no doubt in my mind that this guy wasnt, I hate to say this, "deserving" of those shoes. Im sorry but some people are just assholes, some people are con-artists. The second that guy said what he had to say about "hiding" the shoes, and "wanting a piece of the pie", I no longer gave a fuck about him and his shoes. Im sorry, but I am just being honest.

I have always been able to spot a con artist, a mile away. I have always tried my best not to be "suckered in", by assholes who just try to take advantage of the decency and generosity of other people. This homeless guy came across as nothing but a con artist to me, right from the beginning.
    i hear ya Speedy...
    we have a say here in Greece
    "Do the good and throw it to the Ocean.."
    means ,do the good and not turn back to check what happens..
    if u feel to help someone do it..
    if needs to check if he needs that help or he is faking,
    then fuck it..dont do it at all..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i like my eggs with spinach and cottage cheese....that just my opinion though.
    www.myspace.com
  • i like my eggs with spinach and cottage cheese....that just my opinion though.
    Spinach and Feta.
    Spinach and Cheddar.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i like my eggs with spinach and cottage cheese....that just my opinion though.
    Spinach and Feta.
    Spinach and Cheddar.

yeah they work too. i just tried the cottage cheese out this morning for the first time and it was great. tons of protein to start the day. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • i like my eggs with spinach and cottage cheese....that just my opinion though.
    Spinach and Feta.
    Spinach and Cheddar.

yeah they work too. i just tried the cottage cheese out this morning for the first time and it was great. tons of protein to start the day. :thumbup:
    Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes.
  • Spinach and Feta is top top shit
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Fuck spinach!

"Throws a brick at dimitri"
    Fuck spinach!

"Throws a brick at dimitri"
    :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    My opinion is that it's such a sad thing for anybody to be totally alone with no home or family , i hope no one from here ever has to experience that feeling ......Does it really matter what happened to the boots ..
    :clap::clap::clap: Very well said!
    Really..........calling the guy names :fp: got to love the compassion around here sometimes.
    There is loads of compassion on these boards, and I think you must know that.
    Calling him names... Just because he's homeless doesn't mean he can't be an asshole (not saying that he necessarily is, but homelessness doesn't wipe out bad personalities). One can have tons of compassion and still suppose that this guy is being a jerk, homeless or not. In fact, to NOT subject him to the some standard of decency or moral fortitude (if, say, he is a jerk and not mentally ill, which is probably not the case) would be kind of an insult to homeless people.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata