Options

Eddie Vedder to host new show on SiriusXM (from EW.com)

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    free week trial ok..now wait mindnight time here
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Will this be available on 'Ten Club Radio', which is available here on tenclub.net? It seems that Ten Club Radio and SiriusXM's Pearl Jam Radio Station are the same thing. Is this true (I do not have SiriusXM)?
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    Will this be available on 'Ten Club Radio', which is available here on tenclub.net? It seems that Ten Club Radio and SiriusXM's Pearl Jam Radio Station are the same thing. Is this true (I do not have SiriusXM)?

that's what I need to know... I believe they are the same exact thing... hopefully
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    its not the same..
    this is available only at SiriusXM's Pearl Jam Radio Station...
    free week trial here
    http://m.siriusxm.com/internetradio/freetrial
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    by bovy_j » Dec 5th, '12, 10:39

They are NOT the same thing, and this show is a SiriusXM Exclusive. You can sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial here: http://shop.siriusxm.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?layout=1&ctl_nbr=10600&utm_source=GHN2&utm_medium=RRT&nurl=control/onlineFreeTrial.vm
  • Options
    Dimi, Quit reading my mind!
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    NHiding wrote:

Ten Club jedi mind trick Rob. :D Is this just a one time show or is he going to do a few more of them?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    edited December 2012
    bovy_j wrote:

that's what I need to know... I believe they are the same exact thing... hopefully
    Dimi already answered that it's not the same, and FYI, there are TONS of amazing things on the Sirius channel that we don't get on Ten Club Radio! I get it (legal/contract issue), but I do wish they'd spread the wealth a bit. I wish ALL of the really cool stuff like interviews, etc weren't exclusively on the Sirius channel. Sometimes it would be nice if those kinds of things were done exclusively for 10C Radio as well. I realize that extra revenue isn't made on 10C Radio, but I would think that the band would be willing to do some shit for it anyway so that 100% of the paying members could have access to that stuff. I love 10C radio, but I would love it even more if it had the variety of content that Channel 22 has. We can't always get what we want though, and NHiding, I am grateful for what 10C Radio does offer! :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    He holds the cards on this one, not me. Sure hope it happens more.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    NHiding wrote:
    by bovy_j » Dec 5th, '12, 10:39

They are NOT the same thing, and this show is a SiriusXM Exclusive. You can sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial here: http://shop.siriusxm.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?layout=1&ctl_nbr=10600&utm_source=GHN2&utm_medium=RRT&nurl=control/onlineFreeTrial.vm

But .. but ..
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    Definitely! ... It did not even occur to me that EV would have made the decision himself. Just assumed his manager or someone would have done that. Well, if you talk to him, maybe ask him to do a show for 10C Radio as well? ;):D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    by PJ_Soul » Dec 5th, '12, 10:47

DiRtyFranK38 wrote:

bovy_j wrote:Will this be available on 'Ten Club Radio', which is available here on tenclub.net? It seems that Ten Club Radio and SiriusXM's Pearl Jam Radio Station are the same thing. Is this true (I do not have SiriusXM)?

Dimi already answered that it's not the same, and FYI, there are TONS of amazing things on the Sirius channel that we don't get on Ten Club Radio! I get it (legal/contract issue), but I do wish they'd spread the wealth a bit. I wish ALL of the really cool stuff like interviews, etc weren't exclusively on the Sirius channel. Sometimes it would be nice if those kinds of things were done exclusively for 10C Radio as well. I realize that extra revenue isn't made on 10C Radio, but I would think that the band would be willing to do some shit for it anyway so that 100% of the paying members could have access to that stuff. I love 10C radio, but I would love it more if it had the variety of content that Channel 22 has.

We've had some different stuff in the past on this side, obviously before the Sirius Channel came on, but also since, including the sit down with Mike McCready in Oslo. Will certainly try to ramp up things on this side as well.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    NHiding wrote:

I figured that was the case. Thanks!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    It's all good! Thanks for the info. I'm sure there will be a recording up at some point, and if I'm home in time, I may just sign up for the trial! Again, thanks.
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    hi buddy..great job there! :)
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    by PJ_Soul » Dec 5th, '12, 10:47

DiRtyFranK38 wrote:

bovy_j wrote:Will this be available on 'Ten Club Radio', which is available here on tenclub.net? It seems that Ten Club Radio and SiriusXM's Pearl Jam Radio Station are the same thing. Is this true (I do not have SiriusXM)?

Dimi already answered that it's not the same, and FYI, there are TONS of amazing things on the Sirius channel that we don't get on Ten Club Radio! I get it (legal/contract issue), but I do wish they'd spread the wealth a bit. I wish ALL of the really cool stuff like interviews, etc weren't exclusively on the Sirius channel. Sometimes it would be nice if those kinds of things were done exclusively for 10C Radio as well. I realize that extra revenue isn't made on 10C Radio, but I would think that the band would be willing to do some shit for it anyway so that 100% of the paying members could have access to that stuff. I love 10C radio, but I would love it more if it had the variety of content that Channel 22 has.

We've had some different stuff in the past on this side, obviously before the Sirius Channel came on, but also since, including the sit down with Mike McCready in Oslo. Will certainly try to ramp up things on this side as well.
    I did catch half of that Mike interview that you did, and that was awesome. :) I didn't know more stuff used to be here before Channel 22 came along because I wasn't a member at that time. Anyway, thanks Rob! I'm grateful for 10C radio now, and all you do; I just crave the featured stuff as well!
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Just want to go on record saying this is f#$CkiN Awesome! and its nice to know it'll be on demand and hopefully mp3 from one much smarter than me...oh and I'm a donut.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Less the an hour & a half to go!

:D
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    demetrios wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Are you recording, Demetrios?

Smiley-Begging.gif

That would be awesome if you could record it, Demetrios!! :D

I will. Internet Stream Recorder > Wav > dBpoweramp Music Converter > V0 MP3 .. style!! :)

But there will be others. Many MANY others recording. More the merrier! :)
  • Options
    Hope it's as cool as Self pollution radio :corn:
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options
    cant wait for the stories he will tell!!! :)
  • Options
    Me too - SPR IS cool!! But there were a lot of in-person guests and bands playing live and shit, and personal voicemails to Ed from his friends and stuff, so maybe not as cool, but I'm going to bet that it's probably more interesting! And this time, I shouldn't think that he will be running between a trailer in his driveway and his basement recording studio, so it will likely be a bit more organized. :lol:
  • Options
    [quote="PJ_Soul"
    Me too - SPR IS cool!! But there were a lot of in-person guests and bands playing live and shit, and personal voicemails to Ed from his friends and stuff, so maybe not as cool, but I'm going to bet that it's probably more interesting! And this time, I shouldn't think that he will be running between a trailer in his driveway and his basement recording studio, so it will likely be a bit more organized. :lol:[/quote]

He he. Yeah. I know this will be different, but hopefully very very interesting. Well of course it will be! :D
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options
    [quote="PJ_Soul"
    Me too - SPR IS cool!! But there were a lot of in-person guests and bands playing live and shit, and personal voicemails to Ed from his friends and stuff, so maybe not as cool, but I'm going to bet that it's probably more interesting! And this time, I shouldn't think that he will be running between a trailer in his driveway and his basement recording studio, so it will likely be a bit more organized. :lol:

He he. Yeah. I know this will be different, but hopefully very very interesting. Well of course it will be! :D[/quote]
    I think it will be SO interesting! EV is a master at telling stories or talking about his perspective on things so that people hang on every word and leave feeling satisfied.
  • Options
    a few min left...woot
  • Options
    7 minutes to go ...

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    demetrios wrote:
    7 minutes to go ...

:D:D:D
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    4 :shock:
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    time to run to my car!!!!
  • Options
    its on!!! :D:D:D:D