how much did you pay for your real christmas tree

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    $0

f that shit...spend $50 to buy a tree, drag it in the house, have the pets go bonkers over it, haul out the decorations to decorate it, the cat decides to climb it and hide in there whilst knocking off all the ornaments, and then you step on a hook and it gets stuck in your foot, so you hop around on one foot until you can find a chair to sit on to take it out. Meanwhile the dog thinks it's a game and starts jumping on you so you then lose your balance and start flailing your arms, and grab the only thing closest to you...the tree. Then it falls on top of you, the cat gets scared and takes off, but garland is attached to him, so he freaks out and drags garland all over the house while he is climbing the walls, and now you have a huge mess to clean up.

Fun times.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sounds like an unlost moment
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    We are so late this year cause of illness...
    haven't got it yet :shock:

probably Sat, probably Lowes, probably around $35
    it's kind of weird year.

very weird year

i got a good deal....$ 0

of course that's the price when you don't bother getting one :fp:
    I've been thinking so much about you, your family and of course
    all the others effected by the storm.
    I hear people saying others should be grateful for surviving etc...
    maybe I have been guilty as well.

Bright side is tough though, when some depression,
    a period of mourning is expected. People never think it will happen to them,
    these huge tragedies. The shock factor and aftermath must leave one feeling
    out of it, in a weird place. I was just simply sick for awhile and feel that.

I guess all anybody can really say is be ... be what you feel.
    My thoughts and prayers ...
    this as all things shall pass, I will hope for time healing for you and yours
    and all the other victims of this tragedy.

myself and the fiance are high tailing it to florida to see her grandfather
    he is all alone in a vetrans old age home...so we decided to go hang with him for a few days

it will be very weird to be away from NY on xmas and my bday ...but we just wanted to get away from everyone and everything up here

should be interesting spending it with him ( he is a riot ,,but 90% deaf ) :(
    he randomly starts singing during meals and tells the same stories over and over and over :lol:
    it will def. cheer him up for a few days ...as well as us

all the best to you and your family
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    $0

f that shit...spend $50 to buy a tree, drag it in the house, have the pets go bonkers over it, haul out the decorations to decorate it, the cat decides to climb it and hide in there whilst knocking off all the ornaments, and then you step on a hook and it gets stuck in your foot, so you hop around on one foot until you can find a chair to sit on to take it out. Meanwhile the dog thinks it's a game and starts jumping on you so you then lose your balance and start flailing your arms, and grab the only thing closest to you...the tree. Then it falls on top of you, the cat gets scared and takes off, but garland is attached to him, so he freaks out and drags garland all over the house while he is climbing the walls, and now you have a huge mess to clean up.

Fun times.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sounds like an unlost moment

except that unlost doesn't like cats. :lol:

Not that I'm a total Scrooge. I would totally have a tree, I just would insist it would be a 'Living' tree that I plant outside, used to do that when I was a kid. That house has at least 5 Christmas trees.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    I'm heading out tonight to pick one up i'm not spending more than 50$ ...I have too, just can't go a xmas with out one and i've never been a fake xmas tree guy ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'm heading out tonight to pick one up i'm not spending more than 50$ ...I have too, just can't go a xmas with out one and i've never been a fake xmas tree guy ...
    I was never, ever, ever, a fake tree guy. Everyone remembesr the threads I would start, of Kathy and I battling over the live tree. Some of our greatest battles were over the fucking Christmas tree! It was GREAT! :lol::lol::lol:

Then I reluctantly agreed to go out 3 years ago, and buy a fake tree. Never did I want to be a fake tree guy!

3 years later? I am so fucking THRILLED that I bought the fake tree! hehe

Sorry, but it just makes things so muxh easier.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    I'm heading out tonight to pick one up i'm not spending more than 50$ ...I have too, just can't go a xmas with out one and i've never been a fake xmas tree guy ...
    I was never, ever, ever, a fake tree guy. Everyone remembesr the threads I would start, of Kathy and I battling over the live tree. Some of our greatest battles were over the fucking Christmas tree! It was GREAT! :lol::lol::lol:

Then I reluctantly agreed to go out 3 years ago, and buy a fake tree. Never did I want to be a fake tree guy!

3 years later? I am so fucking THRILLED that I bought the fake tree! hehe

Sorry, but it just makes things so muxh easier.

Nah the kids won't even here of it but to each it's own ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....