Options

POPULATION CONTROL

fear4freedomfear4freedom Posts: 920
edited December 2012 in A Moving Train
Ok I would like to see how we can control the population, take care of mother earth, find a good population number for our mother earth to have, and explore ways to achieve that number.

There are 7-8 billion people on earth. What is the ideal number for mother earth to handle?

I believe that 3-4 billion is probably max for mother earth. You?

How can we achieve that number? All ways I can see are "mean". So what can we do?

We can limit like China does, 1 child per family or mother. We can do a volunteer WORLD WIDE SUICIDE
We can have "patriotic contractors" do bad things to take out people secretly. We need to start with India and China, get rid of many poor, sick, weak and elderly people there first! Then what?

We could ship people to outerspace or the moon! Put communities up there someday!

What else? I believe if you live here on earth for 75 years happily, its time to go!

Sounds mean dont it? Yea it does, so how can we find a solution that is acceptable?
Theres no time like the present

A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

All people need to do more on every level!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Ok I would like to see how we can control the population, take care of mother earth, find a good population number for our mother earth to have, and explore ways to achieve that number.

There are 7-8 billion people on earth. What is the ideal number for mother earth to handle?

How can we achieve that number? All ways I can see are "mean". So what can we do?

We can limit like China does, 1 child per family or mother. We can do a volunteer WORLD WIDE SUICIDE
    We can have "patriotic contractors" do bad things to take out people secretly. We need to start with India and China, get rid of many poor, sick, weak and elderly people there first! Then what?

We could ship people to outerspace or the moon! Put communities up there someday!

What else? I believe if you live here on earth for 75 years happily, its time to go!

Sounds mean dont it? Yea it does, so how can we find a solution that is acceptable?
    Suicide would be a good option, you can start the trend. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

Suicide would be a good option, you can start the trend. ;)

Criteria for the first round of world wide suicides: Those over 75 are eligable, those that are rich so we dont have to pay them their retirements, those that are poor and sick, those with AIDS, STD"S, etc. Thats the first round of volunteers!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    seems to run counter to some of the other things you have posted about freedom.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    If they started a suicide channel people would be lined up around the block to get on TV.
    #FHP
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

LOL This whole post is sarcastic and humorous! Dont you get why? Its a liberal ideology....so I keenly posted questions about it.....to reveal its absurdity!

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Not really.....freedom is choice....and so is suicide!

• Options
    Fear...

I think we get what you are trying to say here in terms of sustainability and the devastating effects of our population explosion on the earth.

But I think we need to be careful even 'playing' with the responses solicited for such a hypothetical scenario. I think some suggestions have the potential to offend in a grievous manner.

Put this one to rest.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Fear...

I think we get what you are trying to say here in terms of sustainability and the devastating effects of our population explosion on the earth.

But I think we need to be careful even 'playing' with the responses solicited for such a hypothetical scenario. I think some suggestions have the potential to offend in a grievous manner.

Put this one to rest.

Ok then lets talk about serious ways to control the population....can you make any SERIOUS suggestions?

• Options
    Realistically, since we're animals and we generally like to fuck, population control isn't going to work. Finding more sustainable/efficient ways to grow food would be a great start.

The first thing would be a primarily vegetarian diet, much easier/more energy efficient to grow veggies than raise animals.

What are your REAL suggestions?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Realistically, since we're animals and we generally like to fuck, population control isn't going to work. Finding more sustainable/efficient ways to grow food would be a great start.

The first thing would be a primarily vegetarian diet, much easier/more energy efficient to grow veggies than raise animals.

OK we got a real suggestion! A serious answer....thanks! LOL Yes we do like to do it! Ok so less energy to grow veggies.....good suggestion. But if there is overpopulation of deer, bear, fish, etc., we should also direct our attention to those animals for food as well! We dont want any waste....and an animal that dies, but is not eaten....is also a waste!

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    mickeyrat wrote:

LOL This whole post is sarcastic and humorous! Dont you get why? Its a liberal ideology....so I keenly posted questions about it.....to reveal its absurdity!

I get the absurdity part... for sure! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

OK we got a real suggestion! A serious answer....thanks! LOL Yes we do like to do it! Ok so less energy to grow veggies.....good suggestion. But if there is overpopulation of deer, bear, fish, etc., we should also direct our attention to those animals for food as well! We dont want any waste....and an animal that dies, but is not eaten....is also a waste!
    I doubt that you truly seek serious responses because most of your posts that I've read just seem to illicit sarcastic and rash replies.

But this post is the most rational. It would be incredibly irresponsible to stop killing animals.

As for overpopulation, there is no REAL solution. We will continue to propagate and if necessary(as I believe you mentioned in the Global Warming Thread) the earth will take care of itself.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Keen sense of humor just is not accepted sometimes from lefties! Cmon guys!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    really depends on what some find humorous.

To me theres not much here that meets the criteria I have for my sense of humor. Has nothing to do with my politics. Or yours. Poor humor cuts across those lines.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Melodrama aside and to address the topic...isn't birth control the equivalent (of sorts, anyway) of population control? People need education on it and access to it, and to exercise responsibility using it.

Be responsible when choosing to have a child; be able to provide for it in as many ways possible and as they deserve.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    People self-limit their fertility when they have access to (and are educated about) contraception. Pretty simple.
  • Options

That's because left handed people are humorless. Not to mention stupid and inept...

..with the exception of the following:

Dan Aykroyd
    James Baldwin
    Lenny Bruce
    David Byrne
    Charlie Chaplin
    Kurt Cobain
    Robert DeNiro
    Richard Dreyfuss
    Judy Garland
    Errol Garner
    Whoopie Goldberg
    Goldie Hawn
    Jimi Hendrix
    Diane Keaton
    Helen Keller
    Sandy Koufax
    Paul McCartney
    Shirley MacLaine
    Robert Plant
    Ringo Starr
    Rod Steiger
    Rip Torn
    Eudora Welty
    Ted Williams
    Joanne Woodward

...and maybe at least a few million others. ;)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637

Using the term "ideal" is a human term. The Earth and nature is working toward being in balance, so we as humans need to find a way to incorporate ourselves into that balance. The global population will probably top out at about 10 or 11 billion, and the Earth likely can't sustain modern consumerism for that many people. Do we work with a sustainability practice, or do we work with the beliefs that promote over consumption?

Humans have an internal drive to make things better, but this also can contradict our consumer based economy and that measurements of whether or not things are getting better are based on spending, material production, and gross domestic product. Using economic measures to determine prosperity pushes against human's natural and internal drive toward balance, and the same thing is seen on a global/environmental scale as well. The next great historical shift will occur when the global economy shifts away from mass consumerism of material goods. This will, in a sense, bring balance to the great swing that occurred from the industrial revolution.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    One of the best ways to control population is to empower women. By empowering women economically, you then achieve your goal without adcovating birth control which may go against their religious, moral, cultural beliefs. By empowering women through economic activity, you give them the means to leave abusive men or to support their kids if they are unable to maintain a living wage, even with a husband. By empowering women, they teach their sons and daughters how to participate in the global and/or local economy which most likely will lead to higher education levels amongst their children which will eventually lead to the CHOICE to limit the number of children they have and you've done it without forcing our cultural, moral, religious, philosophical beliefs on another group.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I got snipped a few months ago... I've done my part, gang! :)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited December 2012
    We need to start with India and China, get rid of many poor, sick, weak and elderly people there first!

Wow! Now I've really seen it all.

Thanks for showing us all your true colours.

Interesting that nobody else picked up on this.

How about instead of targeting those people that have the lowest carbon footprints, we target the millions of greedy, fat Americans who are polluting our environment and using up the majority of the Worlds natural resources?
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    That's because left handed people are humorless. Not to mention stupid and inept...

..with the exception of the following:

Dan Aykroyd
    James Baldwin
    Lenny Bruce
    David Byrne
    Charlie Chaplin
    Kurt Cobain
    Robert DeNiro
    Richard Dreyfuss
    Judy Garland
    Errol Garner
    Whoopie Goldberg
    Goldie Hawn
    Jimi Hendrix
    Diane Keaton
    Helen Keller
    Sandy Koufax
    Paul McCartney
    Shirley MacLaine
    Robert Plant
    Ringo Starr
    Rod Steiger
    Rip Torn
    Eudora Welty
    Ted Williams
    Joanne Woodward

...and maybe at least a few million others. ;)
    I'm in there too! ...and would consider some of those up there fine company 8-)
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:
    One of the best ways to control population is to empower women. By empowering women economically, you then achieve your goal without adcovating birth control which may go against their religious, moral, cultural beliefs. By empowering women through economic activity, you give them the means to leave abusive men or to support their kids if they are unable to maintain a living wage, even with a husband. By empowering women, they teach their sons and daughters how to participate in the global and/or local economy which most likely will lead to higher education levels amongst their children which will eventually lead to the CHOICE to limit the number of children they have and you've done it without forcing our cultural, moral, religious, philosophical beliefs on another group.

WOW I knew we would get some good input, it seems like it took awhile, but this was a great response!

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    We need to start with India and China, get rid of many poor, sick, weak and elderly people there first!

How about instead of targeting those people that have the lowest carbon footprints, we target the millions of greedy, fat Americans who are polluting our environment and using up the majority of the Worlds natural resources?

YES YES!!!! I got them in their too, see above where i said rich people who the govt. owes retirements to! That would be a great way for the govt to save money and for the money to go to good causes....such as redistribution of the wealth! NICE

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

YES YES!!!! I got them in their too, see above where i said rich people who the govt. owes retirements to! That would be a great way for the govt to save money and for the money to go to good causes....such as redistribution of the wealth! NICE

So your suggesting a kind of genocide? And you use the world "nice" to defend this? Surely you understand the implications here. Who gets to choose who gets offed? Or is this just another example of right-handed humor?

• Options
    OK, this thing has turned in a weird and fucked up direction.

And I really don't think it's about "left" and "right" at this point.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    hedonist wrote:

This thread was joke from the beginning ... ridiculous if you ask me ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    What amazes me is this thread was started by someone who claims he wants less government involvement (unless I'm mistaken), now you'd want the government involved in something like this ... and wasn't a sort of population control tried in WW2.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

This thread was joke from the beginning ... ridiculous if you ask me ...

I agree. I make a motion we move on.

• Options
    hedonist wrote:

It was never about left and right....it was about finding ways to control the population because if some people are "for it", Im wondering how one can be "for it" yet cannot keep a thread about it going! Its because anyone who is "for it" has to realize that its not realistic. Maybe when they "wake up" they will see that the best way to go about it, is to not think about it at all! Use the time to find innovative ways to help people prosper.....that what we should be doing! That is the opposite of what most environmentalists advocate, and the opposite of what population control buffs advocate! So the point is......dont be a population control advocate......cause its not realistic! Back to the notion that....THE EARTH WILL CLEANSE HERSELF and people will die off when they are ready to die off! OK DONE!