Anyone Collect Guitars???

Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
edited December 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Guys,
Anyone Collect Guitars??? Any Serious collectors out here?

Nothing special, but certainly interesting.. :o)

thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tonifig8 wrote:
    Hey Guys,
    Anyone Collect Guitars??? Any Serious collectors out here?

Nothing special, but certainly interesting.. :o)

thanks!

Dude. Have you met us? I have two acoustics, five electrics, two basses, a keyboard, a piano, two drum sets, two bass amps, four guitar amps, too many pedals and microphones to name, and a ukulele. I can outfit a band and a half just with my gear.

Just don't ask my wife, she thinks I have a problem.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Sure don't. I need everything I own.

That includes:

2 bass amps, 5 guitar amps, 6 or 7 guitars, 4 basses, 1 acoustic, a uke, 4 extension cabinets, 6 or 7 separate speakers and about a dozen pedals or so...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Modest collection..

American Series Fender Stratocaster
    Classic Player Fender Jazzmaster
    Godin Freeway Classic
    Martin GPCPA4
    Art and Lutherie CW

Traynor YCS 50

Pedal chain is: Dynacomp>Crybaby>Pitchblack>Visual Sound Route 808>Boss CE-5>Rotovibe>Boss DD-6
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • i didn't start off as a collecter, but it has turned out that way i guess. i have way too much that i can not bring myself to part with. it is like, as soon as you get rid of something is when you are going to need it for a new band or project or something. i will try to compile a list in the next few days. i think it is around 11 electric guitars, an acoustic electric, a uke, 5 or 6 amps- 3 marshall halfstacks and a crate blue voodoo 4x12 cab, a PA and speakers, and more pedals than i ever needed.

my collection is a function of playing 8 shows a month and having a bunch of disposable income, and being a single male with nobody to provide for... so it was only natural for me to try to get the best gear that i could afford at the time. being a tonechaser also does not help in that regard...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Might have a new toy coming...

At what point does a 'player' become a 'collector'? If you're using them all at least fairly regularly, I wouldn't really consider that collecting, just a player with lots of tonal tools.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • At what point does a 'player' become a 'collector'?

Do you have a guitar made out of Legos?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    i didn't start off as a collecter, but it has turned out that way i guess. i have way too much that i can not bring myself to part with. it is like, as soon as you get rid of something is when you are going to need it for a new band or project or something. i will try to compile a list in the next few days. i think it is around 11 electric guitars, an acoustic electric, a uke, 5 or 6 amps- 3 marshall halfstacks and a crate blue voodoo 4x12 cab, a PA and speakers, and more pedals than i ever needed.

my collection is a function of playing 8 shows a month and having a bunch of disposable income, and being a single male with nobody to provide for... so it was only natural for me to try to get the best gear that i could afford at the time. being a tonechaser also does not help in that regard...

Just one acoustic?

Negative.

I was having this conversation with my girlfriend last night. My brother has 40 or so New Era baseball hats, but I struggle to call him a collector because he wears all of them. I think a collector happens when the person simply views items as 'part of the collection' rather than what they are.

Just my $0.02.

Negative.

I was having this conversation with my girlfriend last night. My brother has 40 or so New Era baseball hats, but I struggle to call him a collector because he wears all of them. I think a collector happens when the person simply views items as 'part of the collection' rather than what they are.

Just my $0.02.

If that's the case for being a collector, then I am NOT a collector. Everything gets played sooner or later. Some things might sit for years, but I get to it sooner then later when it's needed.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I play although I don't have time to be in a band or anything but I can see me becoming a collector too. So far I have:

Fender Tele 72 Custom (Mex)
    Epiphone SG 400 Custom
    Tanglewood Odyssey 12 string electro-acoustic
    Tanglewood Corsa TWD9 electro-acoustic (1 of 24 made)
    Hohner nylon string acoustic
    Precision copy bass being converted to resemble Fender Pino Palladino signature.
    Semi acoustic project unfinished
    Brunswick mahogany tenor uke
    Mahalo soprano uke

Also about to purchase:
    Gretch Jet silver sparkle
    Recording King RS988 chrome resonator
    Epihone Les Paul Black Beauty Custom
    Epiphone Wildcat :D

The search never ends!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • veddertown wrote:
    The search never ends!
    I don't even bother saying 'I'm done' anymore... Because nobody believes me!