Football and beer thread

kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://deadspin.com/5964602/one+handed- ... pbr-bowl-x

This is exactly what has been missing from my life. Why am I just learning about it now?

Anyone have any good beer and football stories?
"Where's KW?"
"Let's check Idaho."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Takes a lot of talent to throw a catch a football with a beer in your hand. I'm impressed.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My two favorite things!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I fear that I was probably blacked out for most of my best stories :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    Takes a lot of talent to throw a catch a football with a beer in your hand. I'm impressed.

not really...

just need a little atheletititfc (sp) talent and big hands.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This is awesome.
    Offense does indeed looks pretty difficult.
    I would be the guy who randomly slaps the beer from my buddy's hand prior to one-hand tagging him down just so that he could go and chug it. 8-)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Anytime it rained a lot when I was in college (in LA that was not too often) and the practice fields got muddy at USC we would get bombed and go out and play tackle football.
    No pads.
    It hurt - a lot.
    After the 2nd year we stopped doing it when a number of guys were hurt badly enough to go to the hospital. (Wrist, hand, ankle breaks...nobody busted a neck or anything.)

Trying to tackle a drunken 6 foot 5 320 pound guy is not the smartest thing. (I am a relatively little guy (5' 10" 170) and it was brutal....but just enough to still be fun.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 wrote:
    http://deadspin.com/5964602/one+handed-beer-football-returns-in-pbr-bowl-x

This is exactly what has been missing from my life. Why am I just learning about it now?

Anyone have any good beer and football stories?

Awesome! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Extra points for beards and mullets

:clap::lol::clap:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    norm wrote:
    Extra points for beards and mullets

:clap::lol::clap:

I already have a beard, and a girl on my team suggested I grow a mullet. She said they're cool, and she seems pretty on-the-ball. :think:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • i was bombed and ran out on the field during a rain delay at a Florida/Auburn game about 10 or so years ago in Gainesville. Made it to the 50 yd line and back to my seats without ever getting caught by security. Wish I could find it on youtube.
    We were but stones your light made us stars