viewing the PJ boards on phone vs computer

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I just started using my phone to check out the set lists for Ed's shows. (Glads I did that btw, I thought that his solo shows were mostly the same songs each night, but after seeing night 2s are a bit different from night 1s, I picked up Ft. Lauderdale night 2, luckily)

Anyways, I noticed people's avatars are sometimes different when I view on my phone. anyone know why?
I tried to change my avatar a few weeks ago, an I see no difference (orange and red girl/surfer poster from Tampa (i think?))

Also, sometimes I see signatures, sometimes not.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pretty much looks the same for me on the phone

Sprint EVO Android
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I just started using my phone to check out the set lists for Ed's shows. (Glads I did that btw, I thought that his solo shows were mostly the same songs each night, but after seeing night 2s are a bit different from night 1s, I picked up Ft. Lauderdale night 2, luckily)

Anyways, I noticed people's avatars are sometimes different when I view on my phone. anyone know why?
    I tried to change my avatar a few weeks ago, an I see no difference (orange and red girl/surfer poster from Tampa (i think?))

Look for me on Saturday :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • looks the same to my phone..adroind,Samsung Gallaxy 3
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I just started using my phone to check out the set lists for Ed's shows. (Glads I did that btw, I thought that his solo shows were mostly the same songs each night, but after seeing night 2s are a bit different from night 1s, I picked up Ft. Lauderdale night 2, luckily)

Look for me on Saturday :mrgreen:

wear your Im with stupid shirt! :D

Ive got iphone 4s..mybe ill try to see whose avatars are different and let you all know
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Ive got iphone 4s..mybe ill try to see whose avatars are different and let you all know
    ahh...i see your problem, should have got an android

can't argue with the dog.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    iphones are notorious for making the forum look weird.

Forum looks exactly the same on my phone as the computer (except for the blue highlight entry fields)

Android
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 81 wrote:
    ahh...i see your problem, should have got an android

can't argue with the dog.

Wife got a deal and bought me the iphone, I would still be using my startac flip phone from 2002 if I had the option. :) But yeah, i'll never argue with the dog. :D
    RKCNDY wrote:
    iphones are notorious for making the forum look weird.

Forum looks exactly the same on my phone as the computer (except for the blue highlight entry fields)

Android

The actual forum looks exactly the same...its just avatars are different picutres. Actually, now I feel silly referencing Black Diamonds avatar (on my computer) its a guy with "im with Stupid shirt." On my phone it looks like a guy wearing a hat near a Versailles sign.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    iPhone here and the boards look the same for me. (inserting much cooler WIll shrug here). 17432.gif

Also, try doing a hard reset of the phone.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

The actual forum looks exactly the same...its just avatars are different picutres. Actually, now I feel silly referencing Black Diamonds avatar (on my computer) its a guy with "im with Stupid shirt." On my phone it looks like a guy wearing a hat near a Versailles sign.

oh, then while you are logged in on your phone, go to the bottom of the page (board index) and click 'Delete all board cookies' then log out, and log back in. Should be good to go...or you have to click on F5 (that's from the circles/squares thread)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Ahh, I will try delete board cookies and logout/log in..Ill also shut down and restart the phone. Its not really a problem, I just thought it was odd. Also noticed Hugh Freakin Dillon's avatars are different...its only some people, not all.
    sounds like you have the old avatars on your phone.

i would suggest clearing your internet cache.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    sounds like you have the old avatars on your phone.

i would suggest clearing your internet cache.

Thats what I was wondering, but I never used my phone on the boards before last week! Ghosts in my phone.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Ill also shut down and restart the phone.

http://www.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Ill also shut down and restart the phone.

http://www.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone
    thanks DS, I didnt know about holding both buttons simultaneously. ill give it a shot. and I'll do a shot too :D