Options

Oh what a night!

pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night my wife, Amy and I went out and saw Leonard Cohen at the Fox theatre in Detroit. It was our first night out after the birth of our daughter Charlotte exactly one month earlier. We saw Cohen live three years ago at the same venue and it was truly one of the best concerts I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot of concerts! He was 75 and played well over 3 hours (not counting intermission).

Well Mr. Cohen is 78 now and still playing over 3 hours (3:15 last night not counting his 15 minute ntermission)! But what was truly great was Amy and I bought these tickets many months ago and did not want to splurge so we got the cheapest seats - we were second to last row from the top. Not horrible as the venue is 4000 or so seats but not where we usually sit :) Anyways we were a bit early and not many people were by us when a man walks up to us and asks if we were fans. He then says a couple couldn't make the show and wanted the tix to go to some people who would enjoy it. Says the tickets are fourth row! We proceed down to main floor where the tickets are even better - fourth row orchestra pit!

Truly a beautiful night and a beautiful gesture - Thank you to the gentleman and to the couple for not letting the tickets go to waste. Oh and our original seats were $59.50 before surcharge - the seats we received were $525.00 - a piece!

Jim
If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Wow, that is awesome :thumbup:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    merry christmas 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    81 wrote:
    merry christmas 8-)

EXACTLY!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This happened to my wife and i at a Green Day show, just makes for the best experience!!! Congrats.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    congrats on the experience

and congrats on the new addition to the family

:)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo