• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never go for two unless you absolutely have no option
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Did I hear Flacco say "HOLY SHIT....FUCKING AWESOME"? :lol:
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Maybe now that douche bag Skip Bayless will quit call him Flukeo.

But then again maybe not Bayless thinks Brady walks on water and turns copper into gold.
    My butt itches!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316

Heard that too
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :fp: :fp:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Heard that too

Should have had their delay on. Now get to fucking Disney World Joe.
  • utterly bizarre that in Canada (at least in Winnipeg) the coverage was cut off just as the trophy was presented. CTV said "our coverage is complete, we will now be showing "motive", however, CBS' coverage is on going". So I switched to CBS, and it was showing something else as well. I COULD NOT ACCESS THE POST GAME SHOW FOR THE SUPERBOWL. WTF???
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • utterly bizarre that in Canada (at least in Winnipeg) the coverage was cut off just as the trophy was presented. CTV said "our coverage is complete, we will now be showing "motive", however, CBS' coverage is on going". So I switched to CBS, and it was showing something else as well. I COULD NOT ACCESS THE POST GAME SHOW FOR THE SUPERBOWL. WTF???

Probably because the blackout delayed the game 35 minutes? That'd be my guess.

The game lasted 4 1/2 hours, not including the 8 or so hours of pre-game stuff.

Anyone know who was named MVP? Please don't tell me Ray Lewis did.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    utterly bizarre that in Canada (at least in Winnipeg) the coverage was cut off just as the trophy was presented. CTV said "our coverage is complete, we will now be showing "motive", however, CBS' coverage is on going". So I switched to CBS, and it was showing something else as well. I COULD NOT ACCESS THE POST GAME SHOW FOR THE SUPERBOWL. WTF???

I don't think you missed much, but that is weird. To be honest, the only trophy ceremony that I find entertaining in any sport is the Stanley Cup. I don't like these presentations where they stand up on a podium and the owner and president and a bunch of other people you don't give a shit about make speeches, and some reporter asks a bunch of dumb questions, that are pretty much the same every year.

I don't think you missed much, but that is weird. To be honest, the only trophy ceremony that I find entertaining in any sport is the Stanley Cup. I don't like these presentations where they stand up on a podium and the owner and president and a bunch of other people you don't give a shit about make speeches, and some reporter asks a bunch of dumb questions, that are pretty much the same every year.

I always find that weird too, like the fucking owner had anything to do with it except signing the cheques. same when the producer of a movie gets the oscar. all he did was pony up the cash. but I did want to see what the coach said, if he mentioned his brother or anything like that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

• Anyone know who was named MVP? Please don't tell me Ray Lewis did.

Flacco. Lewis was pretty much non existent in the game.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    DURP wrote:
    Maybe now that douche bag Skip Bayless will quit call him Flukeo.

But then again maybe not Bayless thinks Brady walks on water and turns copper into gold.

LMFAO!

Flacco = MVP

Congrats to my son, it's always better for your team to win than to lose, love ya baby!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."

Anyone know who was named MVP? Please don't tell me Ray Lewis did.

To be honest I didn't know who they were going to choose. Nobody really stood out as MVP in my mind. I just knew it sure as hell wasn't going to be anybody on defense. I think I heard Ray's name called once on a play, so yeah, he didn't do shit.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

To be honest I didn't know who they were going to choose. Nobody really stood out as MVP in my mind. I just knew it sure as hell wasn't going to be anybody on defense. I think I heard Ray's name called once on a play, so yeah, he didn't do shit.

to me, flacco's performance was the only one that stood out. him for mvp was a no brainer.
    www.myspace.com
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    5 of 6 stalls occupied at 10am in the Men's room. #SuperBowl.

to me, flacco's performance was the only one that stood out. him for mvp was a no brainer.

maybe Jones.

but i agree, i had Joe pegged as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

• Flacco. Lewis was pretty much non existent in the game.

Really? Jacoby Jones didn't stand out to you? Huge TD catch and run and the record KO return.

What about the 2 grabs Boldin made - first TD and on the next drive. Those were terribel throws/chuck ups that Boldin turned into critical completions. (Jones' TD was pretty much a chuck and duck, as well. I have to say that SF D was pretty bad).

I hate that MVPs are given out based on stats and not actually, you know - who was most VALUABLE.

Watch Crabtree's multiple drops on catches similar to Boldin, and you'll note his day was terrible. But, somehow, they quote the stats, he got 100 yds and he had a great day.

Personally, without Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin, they do not win. I guess you could say the same for Flacco, but what do his stats look like if those 2 guys don't make the tremendous plays they made?

Jones was the obvious choice to me (they do not win the game without that KO return. Sure - 1 play. But, combined with his other long TD, seems to be pretty VALUABLE to me) with Boldin 2nd. Though, I knew Flacco was going to get it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    the most interesting state for me, was the INT colin threw was the first ever INT by a 49'er in a super bowl. :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

maybe Jones.

but i agree, i had Joe pegged as well.

Ha, ha, ha. Bad minds think alike. You beat me by a send button.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675

I think it should have gone to Jacoby Jones. Long TD reception and record setting KO return TD. Flacco was halftime MVP but didn't do much at all in the 2nd half.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Poncier wrote:

I think it should have gone to Jacoby Jones. Long TD reception and record setting KO return TD. Flacco was halftime MVP but didn't do much at all in the 2nd half.

good point about jones....i think flacco was 9 of 15 in the 2nd half or something. but that audible and pass to boldin on 3rd and 1 with about 6 minutes to go that lead to the icing field goal, combined with the 3td's in the 1st half, was mvp worthy enough for me.
    www.myspace.com
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    the most interesting state for me, was the INT colin threw was the first ever INT by a 49'er in a super bowl. :shock:

Yea i thought that was interesting as well..obviously great qb's..montana and young..

the lineman who knocked gore out at the 5 after the long run should have been mvp.. ;)

Flacco had a great game and great post season..11 td no picks.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    81 wrote:

that surprised me as well ... 6 super bowl appearance and only 1 INT.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Wma31394 wrote:
    the lineman who knocked gore out at the 5 after the long run should have been mvp.. ;)

seemed like San Fran butchered theh play calling after that. then again...they butchered it when they went for 2. take the point there, and a fg ties the game at the end.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

seemed like San Fran butchered theh play calling after that. then again...they butchered it when they went for 2. take the point there, and a fg ties the game at the end.

Yea i thought the same..golic this morning said the defensive formation balt brought at that point made them throw..where many thought kappy should have ran..or gave the ball to gore.

That safety diked me..i had reverse spread (balt -4 1/2) +285...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • So did Ray Lewis murder anyone after the game to celebrate?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So did Ray Lewis murder anyone after the game to celebrate?
    :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:
    then again...they butchered it when they went for 2. take the point there, and a fg ties the game at the end.

Nope. If they kick the PAT there, the score is 31-30 Baltimore. Baltimore then kicked a field goal so the score would have been 34-30 on San Francisco's last drive...meaning they still would have needed a TD on their last drive.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    486826_338562252920018_1412245765_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Yefa wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:
    then again...they butchered it when they went for 2. take the point there, and a fg ties the game at the end.

Nope. If they kick the PAT there, the score is 31-30 Baltimore. Baltimore then kicked a field goal so the score would have been 34-30 on San Francisco's last drive...meaning they still would have needed a TD on their last drive.

duh..you're right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg