Ed's guitar effects during trouble on water on the road.

Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
edited November 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone know what guitar effects Ed uses during trouble on his solo dvd water on the road?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JH228JH228 Posts: 38
    I don't think he is using any pedals on that song. It's just his strat through his 50's tweed fender tube amps. His pedal board is there but not being used for effects on this song.
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    I think i hear something but not sure what effect it us. When he slides up the neck fast i hear it. Delay? Reverb?
  • Rival178 wrote:
    I think i hear something but not sure what effect it us. When he slides up the neck fast i hear it. Delay? Reverb?
    i have not watched it in a bit but if i recall correctly it sounds like reverb to me.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I don't have the DVD, but if this (sure to be deleted, lol) is what you are talking about, I don't think there really IS any "effect" on it (as said previously by others).

What some of you may be interpreting as delay\reverb is probably just the style eddie is using of quick strums, followed by a palm (and\or hand?) mute, which gives it s "chicka chick" sound, then picked up by the mic and "spread out" a bit when it hits the amp\room ...

the rest of what is probably being interpreted as reverb is likely to be live mic-ing of an amplifier for his guitar that is picking up ACTUAL reverb from the room acoustics. In other words, sound is coming from the amp in to the microphone, while more sound is going out in to the room, bouncing back, and entering the microphone, causing a delay\reverb "effect".

The only other discernable "effect" i hear is that the guitar is clearly run through a pickup\mic in to an amplifier, and the signal is clipping\distorting somewhere in the chain ... either out of the speaker itself, or perhaps the microphone\pickup is clipping the signal ... or?

Just my 2 cents :D

all that being said, i still wouldn't be surprised if someone told me he was, at the very least, using a small compressor pedal, to warm up\thicken the sounds. But who knows.
    ?
    :D

ps - this sounded like an acoustic to me, but someone is saying that it is a strat? (again, i don't have the dvd) ... if he is using old fender amps, a lot of those did have on board spring reverb, so ... ? i guess it could be on a VERY low setting.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?