Dunlop - Hendrix 70th Anniv. Pedals

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited November 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
These things look awesome!
And by "look" awesome ... i'm not just talking about the faux-psychedelic hendrix face paint job ...
i mean ... the very notion of these awesome effects being reissued at a affordable price, in a box that isn't a monster, that is BETTER than the original effect, and well ... damn it's just awesome.
Original circuits, much smaller size, true bypass, leds ... general awesomeness ...

I *really* want the Octavio ... but I may have to grab that fucking Univibe too, goddamnit!

octavio
fuzz face
univibe

Anyone have an opinion, or had the pleasure (?) of trying\using\owning any of these?

Dunno when they came out, but just saw them in a Sam Ash catalog that came last week.
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Buddy has the Fuzz Face and he digs it. Just the fact that it's in a normal sized housing makes it more appealing ot me.
  • Taking a serious look at the Fuzz, I want a smaller box fuzz and that could be the answer.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Taking a serious look at the Fuzz, I want a smaller box fuzz and that could be the answer.

This thing gets me kinda hard too.
    Slash + Fuzz = WOW. :D
    octave up.
    octave down.
    which way do you want to go?
    do you go both ways?

oops.
    my bad.
  • I'm to worried of where they cut corners....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/

You would be more happier with Fulltones MKII 69

http://www.fulltone.com/products/69-mkii
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Well fuck.
    If we're just gonna start plugging Fuzz pedals ...
    my buddy makes these:
    Cheese Block Effects - Phoenix Fuzz

(actually it is my old highschool BFF's little brother ... but we'll call him MY buddy, lol)
  • Well fuck.
    my buddy makes these:

(actually it is my old highschool BFF's little brother ... but we'll call him MY buddy, lol)

Your friends Germanium Transistor and a silicon transistor is interesting to me...

I honestly wasn't trying to plug a fuzz. Just help out KOR is all...

Silicon fuzzes can be harsh. But I do like them. And yes I own two different silicon fuzzes.

I'm just skeptical of Dunlop... Fulltone makes a silicon transistor that's based on the fuzz face circuit... And that pedal gets out of control when its on ten. Lots of weirdness to it...

Yes i like Fulltone, I have confidence in everything I purchase from them... But I have confidence in a few smaller manufacturers..

I apologize for hijacking the thread...

• Well fuck.
    my buddy makes these:

Your friends Germanium Transistor and a silicon transistor is interesting to me...

I honestly wasn't trying to plug a fuzz. Just help out KOR is all...

Silicon fuzzes can be harsh. But I do like them. And yes I own two different silicon fuzzes.

I'm just skeptical of Dunlop... Fulltone makes a silicon transistor that's based on the fuzz face circuit... And that pedal gets out of control when its on ten. Lots of weirdness to it...

Yes i like Fulltone, I have confidence in everything I purchase from them... But I have confidence in a few smaller manufacturers..

I apologize for hijacking the thread...

no apologies needed.
    :D we're all here to learn :D