The Secondary Market

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just looking through some of the stuff being sold and the prices on Ebay. :shock: :lol: The free postcards given out with tshirt purchases at the EV shows (I believe these were those) are going for 50 bucks? :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :shock: Damn, I wish I would have bought one of these to refill our funds after the wedding trip :P
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :shock: Damn, I wish I would have bought one of these to refill our funds after the wedding trip :P

Me too! or 3 or 4 or 5! :lol:
    I have never sold any of my PJ stuff in my life. I have shirts up the yin yang I've never worn...I try to get a poster from every show I've been to but I don't go out of my way that are still in their poster tubes...

Looking at what this stuff sells for really has me questioning some stuff. I mean with some well placed purchases I could have easily funded my trip to Las Vegas and Phoenix earlier this month. I'm currently staring at my PJ20 Deluxe Blue Ray that I bought earlier this year. Why not sell it on the Bay for a couple of hundred bucks and replace it with the same product from the 10c store for 40 bucks? :?

Maybe it's the beer talking but it just seems to tempting to me and I can see why people are doing it. I don't know.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I have never sold any of my PJ stuff in my life. I have shirts up the yin yang I've never worn...I try to get a poster from every show I've been to but I don't go out of my way that are still in their poster tubes...

Looking at what this stuff sells for really has me questioning some stuff. I mean with some well placed purchases I could have easily funded my trip to Las Vegas and Phoenix earlier this month. I'm currently staring at my PJ20 Deluxe Blue Ray that I bought earlier this year. Why not sell it on the Bay for a couple of hundred bucks and replace it with the same product from the 10c store for 40 bucks? :?

Maybe it's the beer talking but it just seems to tempting to me and I can see why people are doing it. I don't know.

I get ya! When I got the message that my boxes have been damaged by Sandy, I was so happy that I brought my most valuable lps with me on the plane. When we, just for fun, checked the prices on discogs, my eyes almost fell out of my head. My vinyl is really what you could call my dowry. But even if the money seems attractive, I couldn't sell it. At least not now. Cav and I will be living on potatoes and carrots for a couple of weeks, but we will be listening to some good music :lol:

It's okay to sell PJ things if you use that for funding more valuable experiences or needs. It is not okay to do it just for the monies and become a fecking flipper. I think flippering is going straight to your karma bank account ...
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Why not sell it on the Bay for a couple of hundred bucks and replace it with the same product from the 10c store for 40 bucks? :?

I say, go for it and put the money to your PJ tour fund for next year. You will have to go to more than one show, we will have to meet :mrgreen:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Why not sell it on the Bay for a couple of hundred bucks and replace it with the same product from the 10c store for 40 bucks? :?

I say, go for it and put the money to your PJ tour fund for next year. You will have to go to more than one show, we will have to meet :mrgreen:

We can meet and I look forward to that but you have to leave Cav behind. When two VGL men (or at least Cav believes he is) meet it never ends good. :lol:

1264505362_cat-fight.gif
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

We can meet and I look forward to that but you have to leave Cav behind. When two VGL men (or at least Cav believes he is) meet it never ends good. :lol:

1264505362_cat-fight.gif

:lol::lol: We have to meet! We're gonna have a great time!

:lol::lol: We have to meet! We're gonna have a great time!

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
    EV Corona keychain...23 bucks on the bay....10 bucks at the show.

Pearl Jam Montana sticker....I believe they were a buck....17 bucks on the Bay.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    It all comes down to supply and demand. So not everyone can go to shows, so they will pay big bucks for merch. But if they just wait, they prolly will be able to get them through 10C for regular price. Some people can't wait though.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    From what I can see, most of the items on ebay with outrageous prices have no bids on them.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll sell you a poster next tuesday for a hamburger today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg