Options

black friday sale - $11.12 to ship a hoodie. wow.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I just checked on shipping again for the Backspacer vinyl, and it has been reduced to $7.70 from $11.12! So it looks like the charges are becoming more reasonable. I decided to order it, as the total is now $17.70, which seems like a good deal to me! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I was going to order the 1992 NYC boot for $3, a really good deal. But after seeing the $7.70 shipping cost for this item, I decided not to. Seems a little excessive, no???
  • Options
    I can't help myself. Have some of you people listened to yourself?

Holy shit, man. You complain because shipping is 4 or 5 more dollars than what you think it should be? If that is stopping you from buying a hoodie or an LP... well geez, man... I guess you didn't want it that badly then.

I bet some of you are 'those friends' that always buy the last round. That way... if it works out just right... you might not have to pay for a round if everyone leaves before your turn. Funny... but 'those friends'... I think they think everyone is stupid and do not even realize what they are doing. We do... but if your dignity means shit to you... well... I'll buy you a drink so you can save $5 and be happy. I'd hate to have to be around you and listen to you complain about the prices of liquor all night instead of having a little fun.

You do realize that some people out there deal with much more than inflated shipping prices without complaint?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Here's MY answer:

"so…the hoodie went from $55 to $15 and you're pissed about paying $11.12 to ship a 2lb package with tracking to NY? Seriously? Shipping is based on weight and destination.
    Be more than happy to cancel your order. Lemme know asap."

WOW. If this guy worked at Walmart his ass would be out the door... a long time ago. Again, nothing person, but this isn't the way you treat people.... in any arena.

Customer Service is one of the departments I oversee. The author of this statement would not qualify for my staff to begin with and would without doubt be fired IMMEDIATELY if I discovered such a response was sent to a customer. Wow is right.

10C tried to charge $19.38 to ship the Ames Bros. book to Boston on Friday. That price has dropped to $11 and change today. Still high IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shipping has been fucked since the great beta upgrade.

costs more to ship in the US than it does to ship over seas or to canada.

once again, american's have to subsidize the rest of the world.

;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Yeah almost $40 to ship the superdeluxe. Media mail does not cost anywhere near that much to ship. Pass.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Customer Service is one of the departments I oversee. The author of this statement would not qualify for my staff to begin with and would without doubt be fired IMMEDIATELY if I discovered such a response was sent to a customer. Wow is right.

Keep in mind that his boss, 10C manager Tim Beirman once called the pearl jam forum users "assholes" on the radio, so I don't think customer service/perception is their biggest concern.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV wrote:

Keep in mind that his boss, 10C manager Tim Beirman once called the pearl jam forum users "assholes" on the radio, so I don't think customer service/perception is their biggest concern.

Good point. I doubt I would be hiring Tim Bierman either.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    "Now that you've gone to the forums with this, we're done."
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10