Options

Jake!!!!

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,565
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
HAHAHA good job bro!! JAKE!!!!
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    how awsome was that? how did he get the chance?
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    dburbadburba Qatar Posts: 39
    The look on his face when he first got up on stage was priceless. What a moment.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Who was that kid? Maybe, I was really drunk, but all of a sudden, I look up and the crowd is going crazy for this kid playing guitar on stage. Who was that lucky kid????

That was so cool
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    leatherman_8leatherman_8 Posts: 107
    My friends and I actually sat next to Jake and his mom on the Metro ride home after the show last night. We figured out it was him when we saw he had his tamborine wrapped up in a sweatshirt.

We asked him how it felt, and said it was "awesome" with a big smile. His mom was really nice too and joked that it was all downhill from here, haha. He showed us the tamborine, and Ed wrote him a note pretty much across the entire tamborine. He promised me he wouldn't sell it on Ebay.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    A great moment. Jake kicked ass, more than holding his own in front of a packed, very loud house ( I was row D, section 2, and could barely hear myself think at times) . Mike's bow in his direction after AATW was awesome.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I heard Jake will be Ed's replacement when Ed turns 60.

If Jake was a true businessman, he would sell that tambourine on Ebay. :)
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    jessykawjessykaw Posts: 29
    I decided to hit the record button once Ed said, "We might have a special guest". I posted the dang video, but it does not show up on the list. It is in my profile list though. Strange.

Now, off to teach my kid how to play guitar so he can make it on stage. ;)
    Charlotte: 10/4/96
    Virginia Beach: 6/17/08
    D.C.: 6/22/08
    D.C.: 8/17/08 (Vedder solo)
  • Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    What are you guys talking about?? My name is Jake so I can only assume that you're talking about me. However, I have no recollection of these events that you speak of. Did I have fun? Where was this? I hate when I sleepwalk and walk up days later with no memory of where I went or what I did.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I got a lot of great pictures of Jake. That was a great moment. I bet the kid is gonna be glowing for months, years, decades.. !!

He handled himself very well on stage. Good boy!
    Just me
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    Zanne wrote:
    I got a lot of great pictures of Jake. That was a great moment. I bet the kid is gonna be glowing for months, years, decades.. !!

He handled himself very well on stage. Good boy!
    is there a video or pictures online were I can see Jake? show your pix!! :)
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I am lost. Someone please enlighten me.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    I am lost. Someone please enlighten me.
    apparently a little 13 year old dude played with them during AATW.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Somebody please post something that shows up...I have to see this!

How cool...

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    My friends and I actually sat next to Jake and his mom on the Metro ride home after the show last night. We figured out it was him when we saw he had his tamborine wrapped up in a sweatshirt.

We asked him how it felt, and said it was "awesome" with a big smile. His mom was really nice too and joked that it was all downhill from here, haha. He showed us the tamborine, and Ed wrote him a note pretty much across the entire tamborine. He promised me he wouldn't sell it on Ebay.

was anyone on the red line back one stop to metro center in my car? half of the car was singing Alive, lol it was awesome
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    jessykawjessykaw Posts: 29
    pouch15 wrote:
    is there a video or pictures online were I can see Jake? show your pix!! :)

I have a video posted on youtube. I would link it, but I'm new here and I'm not sure if I am allowed to do that.

Just go to youtube and type in my screen name (same as here).
    Charlotte: 10/4/96
    Virginia Beach: 6/17/08
    D.C.: 6/22/08
    D.C.: 8/17/08 (Vedder solo)
  • Options
    jessykaw wrote:
    I have a video posted on youtube. I would link it, but I'm new here and I'm not sure if I am allowed to do that.

Just go to youtube and type in my screen name (same as here).

cool thanks, and sure you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lizQ6q1yyA
  • Options
    Now the question is who is Jake?????? Hes parents are friends of the band? or they took him from the audience??

I remember in a concert one time ed ask a guy in the audience is he knew how to play drums for x song I cant recall, and stone gave him no look, so it didnt happen. But what about Jake? lucky little dude
  • Options
    They interviewed Jake's mom on local radio here in DC. She was a 10C member who won the lottery and got first row. It was her son's first concert. Eddie pointed at him during the song and asked if he played guitar. He said yes so they brought him on stage. Afterwards they went backstage and Ed signed a tambourine for him. Crazy.
  • Options
    They interviewed Jake's mom on local radio here in DC. She was a 10C member who won the lottery and got first row. It was her son's first concert. Eddie pointed at him during the song and asked if he played guitar. He said yes so they brought him on stage. Afterwards they went backstage and Ed signed a tambourine for him. Crazy.
    Wow, I thought he knew he was going to play in advance, thats so cool, Jakes MOM please post in here and tell us about Jake!!!!!!
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    was anyone on the red line back one stop to metro center in my car? half of the car was singing Alive, lol it was awesome

It would of been wild if an elderly woman sitting next to you starting singing along as well.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    mraemrae Posts: 3
    I have pictures of Jake on stage that turned out pretty well -- his Mom might like to have them (God knows I'd love to have pictures of my child playing on stage with PJ). Anyway to post on here? Or, am I allowed to post a link to the pictures on KodakGallery? If Jake's Mom (or Jake) happens to read this, reply and I will gladly send some photos your way.
    Way to go Jake . . .you rocked!
  • Options
    First and foremost I would like to thank the 10C for the phenomenal seats... front and center! I wanted to take my son to his first concert and I hoped it would be special. It doesn't get any better than that. Needless to say, I will never be able to top it.

There are not words I can say to thank Eddie, Mike, Stone, Jeff and Matt for inviting Jake up on stage to play during "Watchtower". Why he was picked, I may never know, but it was the experience of a lifetime.

Some people have been asking about Jake's story, so here it is:

Jake is 13 years old and has been playing guitar since January '08. He takes weekly guitar and voice lessons and plays in a group jam band each week. The current band name is Brain Freeze, but it changes frequently. He plays a Gibson Les Paul, but I'm sure he would have traded it for Eddie's Tele.

How he got up on stage:

Eddie leaned over during the show and asked Jake if he played and Jake said "yes". He asked if he was good and Jake said "yes". He doesn't lack confidence. Somewhere in the first encore, Eddie leaned down again and asked Jake to watch him. He played a few cords and asked Jake if he got it and Jake nodded yes. Then, at the beginning of "Watchtower", a guy came and pulled Jake out of the audience. Before I knew what was happening, Jake was up on stage.

Thru my tears I was able to get a few pix, but if anyone out there has any, please let me know.

After the show, we did get to go back stage with Eddie. (I did get a hug... a personal best moment for me!!) He was so gracious and kind to Jake; we will never forget that night.

Afterwards, I asked Jake if he was nervous up there on stage and he said he was a little before he went out, but the minute he got out there, he wasn't a bit nervous. He said, "I loved it out there and it felt great!" He had never played "Watchtower" before... pretty good for the first time. He does play a little "Yellow Ledbetter", his favorite PJ song.

Jake thanks you all for the great comments. We check the Message Pit and You Tube every few hours.

Regards,
    Jake's Mom
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Thanks for posting that! I have been wondering about Jake all day--sounds like you have a great kid there!!!

Glad you got your night, too! :)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    karenknits wrote:
    First and foremost I would like to thank the 10C for the phenomenal seats... front and center! I wanted to take my son to his first concert and I hoped it would be special. It doesn't get any better than that. Needless to say, I will never be able to top it.

There are not words I can say to thank Eddie, Mike, Stone, Jeff and Matt for inviting Jake up on stage to play during "Watchtower". Why he was picked, I may never know, but it was the experience of a lifetime.

Jake is 13 years old and has been playing guitar since January '08. He takes weekly guitar and voice lessons and plays in a group jam band each week. The current band name is Brain Freeze, but it changes frequently. He plays a Gibson Les Paul, but I'm sure he would have traded it for Eddie's Tele.

How he got up on stage:

Eddie leaned over during the show and asked Jake if he played and Jake said "yes". He asked if he was good and Jake said "yes". He doesn't lack confidence. Somewhere in the first encore, Eddie leaned down again and asked Jake to watch him. He played a few cords and asked Jake if he got it and Jake nodded yes. Then, at the beginning of "Watchtower", a guy came and pulled Jake out of the audience. Before I knew what was happening, Jake was up on stage.

Thru my tears I was able to get a few pix, but if anyone out there has any, please let me know.

After the show, we did get to go back stage with Eddie. (I did get a hug... a personal best moment for me!!) He was so gracious and kind to Jake; we will never forget that night.

Afterwards, I asked Jake if he was nervous up there on stage and he said he was a little before he went out, but the minute he got out there, he wasn't a bit nervous. He said, "I loved it out there and it felt great!" He had never played "Watchtower" before... pretty good for the first time. He does play a little "Yellow Ledbetter", his favorite PJ song.

Jake thanks you all for the great comments. We check the Message Pit and You Tube every few hours.

Regards,
    Jake's Mom

wow!!!!! what a story, thanks for posting, and welcome!!! that kid has nerves of steele wow, just wow!!!
  • Options
    karenknits wrote:

How he got up on stage:

Regards,
    Jake's Mom

wow!!!!! what a story, thanks for posting, and welcome!!! that kid has nerves of steele wow, just wow!!!