Pecan Pie

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,090
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Pumpkin Pie is Pecan Pie's bitch :mrgreen:
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on
«1

Comments

  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    sucks ass
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    spoof thread reported. :P
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    barf,'

    what's next/ Apple Pie thread?
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,416
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Have to agree - for this one simple reason:

    Does anyone (outside of 81 apparently) EVER crave a piece of pumpkin pie in July? February? April?
    Hell no!
    Pumpkin Pie is a specific Thursday of Thanksgiving and day after (tops!) pie...

    However, Pecan Pie = Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanza, Arbor Day and dare I say Martin Luther King Jr Day!!!
    (Those little mini pecan pie tart thingys are friggin amazing)

    Pecan Pie> Pumpkin Pie (and no Cool Whip necessary!)
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Have to agree - for this one simple reason:

    Does anyone (outside of 81 apparently) EVER crave a piece of pumpkin pie in July? February? April?
    Hell no!
    Pumpkin Pie is a specific Thursday of Thanksgiving and day after (tops!) pie...

    However, Pecan Pie = Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanza, Arbor Day and dare I say Martin Luther King Jr Day!!!
    (Those little mini pecan pie tart thingys are friggin amazing)

    Pecan Pie> Pumpkin Pie (and no Cool Whip necessary!)

    you sir, are confused. please seek immediattteeette (sp) medical attention
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 136,263
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..

    pumpkin pie
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 136,263
    81 wrote:
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..

    pumpkin pie
    nop...wasnt that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,763
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..

    cheesecake?

    and Pecan Pie is f'n nasty :corn:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,689
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..

    Did you guys venture to my neck of the woods and feast on Doug's Pecan Pie Sundae at Buttermilk Channel?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,763
    why does this thread seem so familiar? deja vu or something.... :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankind wrote:
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..

    Did you guys venture to my neck of the woods and feast on Doug's Pecan Pie Sundae at Buttermilk Channel?
    No but I have been Mmmmm

    Dimi, you remember name of restaurant ... Trying to find it ...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,622
    I got one slice of pecan pie for my son, he prefers that over the pumpkin. me - I normally have one slice of each kind all on the same plate - apple, pumpkin, pecan.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 136,263
    dankind wrote:
    Adam,how was called that desert we ate at NY??is the best thing i ever ate in my life..

    Did you guys venture to my neck of the woods and feast on Doug's Pecan Pie Sundae at Buttermilk Channel?
    No but I have been Mmmmm

    Dimi, you remember name of restaurant ... Trying to find it ...
    i just google,"restaurant at NY ,near NBC studios,hot latina waitress that likes Greeks ,long legs....
    cant find it too...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,763
    i just google,"restaurant at NY ,near NBC studios,hot latina waitress that likes Greeks ,long legs....
    cant find it too...


    i think it's awesome that you can describe the waitress better than the dessert! :lol: :clap: :clap:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 136,263
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i just google,"restaurant at NY ,near NBC studios,hot latina waitress that likes Greeks ,long legs....
    cant find it too...


    i think it's awesome that you can describe the waitress better than the dessert! :lol: :clap: :clap:
    yeah..i m better in things i care the most... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,355
    Pecan pie is the king of the pie jungle.
    WI '98 WI '99 (EV) WI '00 Chgo '00 MO '00 Champaign '03 Chgo '03 WI '03 IN '03 MI '04 Chgo '06:N1 & 2 WI '06 Chgo '07 Chgo '08 (EV:N1) Chgo '09:N1 & 2 Chgo '11 (EV:N1) WI '11:N1 & 2 Philly '12 Wrigley '13 Pitt '13 Buff '13 Detroit '14 MKE '14 Wrigley '16 N1 & N2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,073
    can you grab a mini pumpkin pie on your way out of 7-11? I don't theeeenk so!

    fancy-pie.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,622
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i just google,"restaurant at NY ,near NBC studios,hot latina waitress that likes Greeks ,long legs....
    cant find it too...


    i think it's awesome that you can describe the waitress better than the dessert! :lol: :clap: :clap:

    maybe she was dessert :mrgreen:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    it should be noted that the peanuts never made a cartoon about the great pecan. ;)
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 136,263
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i just google,"restaurant at NY ,near NBC studios,hot latina waitress that likes Greeks ,long legs....
    cant find it too...


    i think it's awesome that you can describe the waitress better than the dessert! :lol: :clap: :clap:

    maybe she was dessert :mrgreen:
    :shh: Adam is still married.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,073
    I will say, the gooey sugary "filling" can be fucked up if not done correctly.

    but when done right....
    Pumpkin Pie is Pecan Pie's bitch :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    imalive wrote:
    can you grab a mini pumpkin pie on your way out of 7-11? I don't theeeenk so!

    fancy-pie.jpg

    I'm not sure this fact helps your argument ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • 81 wrote:
    it should be noted that the peanuts never made a cartoon about the great pecan. ;)
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ohmha1Ns ... hmha1NsQRU
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,073
    kw18 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    can you grab a mini pumpkin pie on your way out of 7-11? I don't theeeenk so!

    fancy-pie.jpg

    I'm not sure this fact helps your argument ...

    are you kidding me????? these minis are awesome :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    imalive wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    can you grab a mini pumpkin pie on your way out of 7-11? I don't theeeenk so!

    fancy-pie.jpg

    I'm not sure this fact helps your argument ...

    are you kidding me????? these minis are awesome :mrgreen:

    :lol: I'll have to take your word for it. I'm not a fan of pecan pies, and generally feel anything that comes in a plastic wrapper and labeled "fancy pie" is inferior to my mom's home-cooked, from scratch pumpkin pie. :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,689
    The people have spoken, and while BD's intentions were noble and I and quite a few others happen to agree with him, it looks like pumpkin pie is a clear favorite.

    Thankfully, my mother-in-law, respectful of my southern heritage, makes me a pecan pie in addition to the pumpkin pie she makes for her withdrawn Connecticut Yankee family.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind wrote:
    The people have spoken, and while BD's intentions were noble and I and quite a few others happen to agree with him, it looks like pumpkin pie is a clear favorite.

    Thankfully, my mother-in-law, respectful of my southern heritage, makes me a pecan pie in addition to the pumpkin pie she makes for her withdrawn Connecticut Yankee family.
    Yeah... That was a beat down :lol:
    And That's a good MIL
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 81 wrote:
    it should be noted that the peanuts never made a cartoon about the great pecan. ;)
    :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,073
    dankind wrote:
    The people have spoken, and while BD's intentions were noble and I and quite a few others happen to agree with him, it looks like pumpkin pie is a clear favorite.

    pecan pie connoisseurs are, for the most part, too sophisticated to be posting in a forum like this. I'm the exception.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
Sign In or Register to comment.