anyone not care/skipping Thanksgiving this year?

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
my family has too much going on because of the cane
we are a small family and honestly none of us care atm
not to mention i work on friday

hopefully we can have a normal Chrismas

any other east coasters not really feeling it this year because of the cane?
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    meng..bunch of aristocrats
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    seems like the perfect time to get together and express your thankfulness that everyone made it thru the storm safely and that you incurred very little damage. [will shrug]
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    my family has too much going on because of the cane

I think if I had gone through this hurricane it would be of little importance, Thanksgiving.
    I probably would be thankful and weary at the same time ever since it hit.
    Maybe the family can get together over the weekend and share a pizza.
    It's the little things.

I hope Christmas brings you and your family happiness
    and some peace after all the devastation.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I never really care too much about any holiday, but love an excuse to be a glutton.

Hope all get better for you and yours.
    #FHP
  • my family has too much going on because of the cane

Thanksgiving is the perfect time not only to stuff ourselves and watch football, but to give THANKS for what you still have. You may have lost all your "stuff", but your family is safe and you can be together. Go see a movie, go bowling, go for a walk. Just be TOGETHER. You think things are going to change in the 30 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas for your normal schedule? I would say now is the absolute best year that you and your family should be giving thanks and appreciating what you still have left.....
    81 wrote:
    seems like the perfect time to get together and express your thankfulness that everyone made it thru the storm safely and that you incurred very little damage. [will shrug]

yes,but one of my brother's got hammered and his wife is having a bad pregnancy so he isn't leaving his house

my parents still have no heat and hot water in their apt.

the summer place wasn't too bad,but the rest of my small family is still in a daze

everyone is just very indifferent this year

plus i will be miserable come 5pm becasue i have work :evil:

maybe go out to eat with whoever wants to attend?? not gonna be anything near normal
    sucks,but it's life eh...
  • We've never done anything big for the occasion, just the three of us eating dinner, maybe a little more food than usual for dinner, but I'd certainly understand anyone not feeling it especially after the Hurricane.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Thanksgiving doesn't have to be celebrated this Thursday. Save it for when you're able to be together, relax, and enjoy each other. The things that go with Thanksgiving are fun (food, hanging out, seeing people you haven't seen lately) but the idea behind it is an attitude or awareness, not a day on the calendar.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,208
    Yeah i'm happy to be heading to my sis's house for dinner since my house is not repaired back to it's normal self , i told my wife and kids i have no urge to even decorate for xmas i just wan't my house to be back to normal ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Yeah i'm happy to be heading to my sis's house for dinner since my house is not repaired back to it's normal self , i told my wife and kids i have no urge to even decorate for xmas i just wan't my house to be back to normal ...

i feel ya....most people just want their normal house back
    let alone decorating and what not

i feel ya....most people just want their normal house back
    let alone decorating and what not

I hope it all gets better for your folks & family soon , for them to be out of electric and heat still is f'n horrendous ....
  • Not thanksgiving but Christmas possibly.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Getting together with 20+ friends, should be Epic! We wont be thankful, it's more an excuse to party.
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    81 wrote:
    Dear NeilyBabes86,
    I must 2nd 81's thoughts. My fam is all suffering in Jersey, Long Island as well as Staten Island. It sounds as though you are suffering with you and yours and it breaks my heart to hear of it. You have been one of the uplifters on this board, and my heart breaks to see that during this week you and your family will be passing it by. Forget the bird and all the trimmings and all of that jazz - I hope you and your loved ones can find a quiet moment, with a little warmth - where you can just be grateful it wasn't worse and just be grateful for the things in which you still do have --> health, each other and the opportunity to see better days.

Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture. ~Kak Sri

You'll be in my family's thoughts this Turkey day. As will a lot of you who have suffered greatly. Please PM me if there is anything I can do to help you enjoy this time of the year, seriously. I don't have much, still looking for a job and wondering how I'll handle the rent in January. But I have strong shoulders, my health and the willingness to be there for others and help. Call on me, please. I'd love to help.

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful you didn't perish, I'm grateful for your love of PJ, NY sports and your sense of humor and wit. I'm grateful also to be having this banter online with you, even if you never read it or think I'm a crackpot. I'm just grateful. I'm hopeful you'll find it in your heart to find some gratitude this week as well my friend.

Peace & gratitude.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Dear NeilyBabes86,
    I must 2nd 81's thoughts. My fam is all suffering in Jersey, Long Island as well as Staten Island. It sounds as though you are suffering with you and yours and it breaks my heart to hear of it. You have been one of the uplifters on this board, and my heart breaks to see that during this week you and your family will be passing it by. Forget the bird and all the trimmings and all of that jazz - I hope you and your loved ones can find a quiet moment, with a little warmth - where you can just be grateful it wasn't worse and just be grateful for the things in which you still do have --> health, each other and the opportunity to see better days.

You'll be in my family's thoughts this Turkey day. As will a lot of you who have suffered greatly. Please PM me if there is anything I can do to help you enjoy this time of the year, seriously. I don't have much, still looking for a job and wondering how I'll handle the rent in January. But I have strong shoulders, my health and the willingness to be there for others and help. Call on me, please. I'd love to help.

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful you didn't perish, I'm grateful for your love of PJ, NY sports and your sense of humor and wit. I'm grateful also to be having this banter online with you, even if you never read it or think I'm a crackpot. I'm just grateful. I'm hopeful you'll find it in your heart to find some gratitude this week as well my friend.

Peace & gratitude.

that's beautiful.....THANK YOU

their are a million more families worse off then mine......everything can be replaced
    we are all just like whatever this week..my sis in law cant stay in the car for long hence my brother and her can't come to us in brooklyn...which sucks ass ( she just had a surgery during pregnancy....but she is feeling great and the baby is fine...THANK GOD

Im sure my parents will come out and chill but it won't be our typical turkey day .....but it could be alot worse

it's all good..... your kind words are awesome

ENJOY your day and the family ...and THANKS AGAIN

Jose ....enjoy yourself buddy ....you need it more than most
    MY BUD BATHY...hope you can have alittle fun..you deserve it more than all of us x100
  • MY BUD BATHY...hope you can have alittle fun..you deserve it more than all of us x100

Co-sign to that.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Dear NeilyBabes86,

Peace & gratitude.

that's beautiful.....THANK YOU

their are a million more families worse off then mine......everything can be replaced
    we are all just like whatever this week..my sis in law cant stay in the car for long hence my brother and her can't come to us in brooklyn...which sucks ass ( she just had a surgery during pregnancy....but she is feeling great and the baby is fine...THANK GOD

Im sure my parents will come out and chill but it won't be our typical turkey day .....but it could be alot worse

it's all good..... your kind words are awesome

ENJOY your day and the family ...and THANKS AGAIN

Jose ....enjoy yourself buddy ....you need it more than most

I will , you do the same bro just got my shippment from Hawaii :mrgreen: