Options

Here's the REAL REASON for new PJ album being ON HOLD.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    'Been Away Too Long' is a thousand times better than 'Ole", and thats one of the weakest songs on the album.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    demetrios wrote:
    So it's not really Stone's fault this time around? :shock:

It is always Stoney's fault :P
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    I love Soundgarden, and really like the new album - I'm glad there is hype; good for them! It has no impact whatsoever on my thoughts on PJ, and don"t understand why people are seeking out a connection. Anyway, Soundgarden's cool, but they have never and likely will never produce anything that I like more than anything Pearl Jam produces. I just like PJ's music better right across the board. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate SG for what they do.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I love Soundgarden, and really like the new album - I'm glad there is hype; good for them! It has no impact whatsoever on my thoughts on PJ, and don"t understand why people are seeking out a connection. Anyway, Soundgarden's cool, but they have never and likely will never produce anything that I like more than anything Pearl Jam produces. I just like PJ's music better right across the board. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate SG for what they do.

Quit making sense! This is an internet forum! :nono:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    I love soundgarden. Rushed out to buy the album last Tuesday. Listened to it many times. To say this album is good is laughable really. Cheesy lyrics wrapped in lazy guitar/bass riffs seemed to let me down big time since disbanding 15 years ago. Rowing is the only song I like. Their is not one rock n roll song on this album. Matt is the only bright spot on this album. Will I still see them live? He'll yea! The old stuff kicks arse!!
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    I admit, this record is growing on me ;) :corn:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    yeah i got the new soundgarden too I'm trying to get into it but aside from being a soundgarden album that sounds like soundgarden there really isn't much in there for me, i did see them live last week in Toronto and the show was good, but the crowd seemed a little subdued for most of the new stuff IMO.
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    demetrios wrote:
    So it's not really Stone's fault this time around? :shock:

It is always Stoney's fault :P
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    TT8270 wrote:
    KING ANIMAL.

Pearl Jam basically got scared on how brilliant the new Soundgarden record is (they have heard it well in advance). And realised how mediocre & boring their records since Yield have become.

I mean, come on. After 16 years of absence Soundgarden simply KILLS.

Pearl Jam truly needs a good hard kick on their butt to make another BRILLIANT record again. And I do (or did) like the band, I just think they got LAZY along the way and last 4 records have been kinda meh. :problem:

Here's the original news link:
    http://audioinkradio.com/2012/08/pearl- ... s-members/[/quote
    I really don't think that is the case. I cant think of one PJ album that isn't as good as King Animal. But it is a good joke
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    TJ25487 wrote:
    Seriously??? Not another "Please make another Ten" thread?

No. Rather "please make another Vitalogy" thread. :D And yes, I do know its impossible for them to re-create something which is era & genre related.

And i find it good news if the new record is on hold and they've dropped songs, which were originally to be on the new album. It's just tells that maybe, just maybe they will create something magical again. And take their time to do that.

To me King Animal is magical & highly inspiring unlike Binaural/Riot Act/ST/Backspacer.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    TT8270 wrote:
    To me King Animal is magical & highly inspiring unlike Binaural/Riot Act/ST/Backspacer.

Binaural is in a whole other universe from the other albums you're talking about.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    I've listened to the new Soundgarden album a few times and there just isn't anything for me. Not very good. Still looking forward to the show in January, just hoping they play the old stuff.

On the other hand, the new Walking Papers album kicks ass. Night and day to the SG record.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."