Once again...A simple oil change

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Turns into a 45 minute debacle!

Who told you to check my tires?
Pardon me sir?
Who told you to check my air filter?
Huh?
Why did you say I would be in and out in 15 minutes, and then get on the phone and order an oil filter?
UMMM.
Dont tell me I am due for a transmission flush, did I mention my transmission when I walked in here?
No.
CORRECT! I asked for a 15 minute oil change, that you turned into a fucking 45 minute nightmare!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I fucking hate mechanics.
Have I mentioned that here before?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :lol::lol::lol: i remember tht u mention it before..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    My car is a year old with 9000 miles and they try to sell me all kinds of shit!

Jerks.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The only thing I ever have those guys change is the air filter at the most. The rest they are just trying to upsell you stuff you most likely do not need.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mca47 wrote:

Jerks.
    I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger.
    I drive 6 miles a day roundtrip to work.
    The fucking clown is trying to sell me a transmission flush?

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    mca47 wrote:

Jerks.
    I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger.
    I drive 6 miles a day roundtrip to work.
    The fucking clown is trying to sell me a transmission flush?

what a jackass
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    If they don't offer you those services they are in fact doing you a disservice. Especially if you have problems down the road and a warranty repair comes into play.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    If they don't offer you those services they are in fact doing you a disservice. Especially if you have problems down the road and a warranty repair comes into play.
    FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Call it bullshit but someone that's worked at a dealership since 1996...just saying.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Call it bullshit but someone that's worked at a dealership since 1996...just saying.
    I realize you are a car salesman...

Trust me..
    I realize it.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Service advisor: Good morning. How may I help you?

Mr Speedy: How you doing? My transmission seems to be slipping.

Service advisor: I'll have someone take a look at that. Have you done the recommended transmission services as outlined in the owner's manual and recommended by our technicians?

Mr Speedy: No. It's still under warranty.

Service advisor: Only when proper maintenance is demonstrated.

Mr Speedy: :o :shock:

Service advisor: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
  • DS1119 wrote:

Service advisor: I'll have someone take a look at that. Have you done the recommended transmission services as outlined in the owner's manual and recommended by our technicians?

Service advisor: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
    BULLSHIT !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvcuM8sRhB4

Thieving pieces of shit!
    DS1119 wrote:

BULLSHIT !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvcuM8sRhB4

Thieving pieces of shit!

And that's why you go to a franchised dealer. Not the corner garage.

I've actually had to sit down with custoemers that warped their rotors because they let brake pads get so low and plead with me to replace them for free. All I do is call up their service history and show them well you denied service on the pads 5000 miles ago and YOU warped the rotors. Sudk it My John Q Customer.
  • Take me piece by piece.....
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LItBCG58xE

Check out this nice dealership.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LItBCG58xE

This has nothing to do with service. This is a practice that some larger dealers in larger markets use with customers who let's say have less than perfect credit. They put the customer in the vehicle while the dealer trys to secure financing. What it accomplishes is it stops the buying process with a customer while the dealer trys to secure a loan. They are essentially hedging their bet. I don't like the practice and have never done it but yes it does happen. Is it illegal? Technically not if the proper agreements are signed at delivery. That's why a customer needs to read everything they sign. When and if one of these documents show up at delivery you need to just walk away. Then a consumer has two choices...wait until that particular dealer can in fact secure you a bank loan or go somewhere else. It's really that simple.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LItBCG58xE

This has nothing to do with service. This is a practice that some larger dealers in larger markets use with customers who let's say have less than perfect credit. They put the customer in the vehicle while the dealer trys to secure financing. What it accomplishes is it stops the buying process with a customer while the dealer trys to secure a loan. They are essentially hedging their bet. I don't like the practice and have never done it but yes it does happen. Is it illegal? Technically not if the proper agreements are signed at delivery. That's why a customer needs to read everything they sign. When and if one of these documents show up at delivery you need to just walk away. Then a consumer has two choices...wait until that particular dealer can in fact secure you a bank loan or go somewhere else. It's really that simple.
    Thieving pieces of shit.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    They are essentially hedging their bet.

They are essentially lulling the unsuspecting, the trusting into a false sense of security.

A very shoddy, devious way to do business. Not to mention just plain cruel.
    If they dealers don't think they can secure credit, the car shouldn't leave the lot. Period.

Just be honest with the customer from the beginning, not too much to ask.
    Nice shirt.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    All you have to do is walk in and be firm, and tell them when you're checking in that you just to change your oil and to not fuck with anything else. When I was in high school I had a place walk in and show me a dirty air filter when my dad had JUST changed it in order to avoid such BS. Just tell them to drop the oil, change the necessary filters (as in not the air filter) and you're not interested in anything else. You don't want suggestions on oil up-sales, etc.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • All you have to do is walk in and be firm, and tell them when you're checking in that you just to change your oil and to not fuck with anything else. When I was in high school I had a place walk in and show me a dirty air filter when my dad had JUST changed it in order to avoid such BS. Just tell them to drop the oil, change the necessary filters (as in not the air filter) and you're not interested in anything else. You don't want suggestions on oil up-sales, etc.

This is what I do. Tell them right away that I just need an oil change and not to try and sell me any unnecessary bullshit.
    DS1119 wrote:
    They are essentially hedging their bet.

They are essentially lulling the unsuspecting, the trusting into a false sense of security.

A very shoddy, devious way to do business. Not to mention just plain cruel.
    If they dealers don't think they can secure credit, the car shouldn't leave the lot. Period.

Just be honest with the customer from the beginning, not too much to ask.

While I somewhat agree I also disagree. As long as the customer signs the proper documentation it is legal. Remember a dealership makes zero profit and essentially has lost the value of the car until a bank loan is secured so they want to get the customer a loan. It is a consumer's choice to sign the documents that allow this practice our not. A lot of financial institutions are not open on weekends so when a customer comes in on a Saturday or SUnday...have marginal credit...this stuff tends to happen.

Personally I don't think it's shoddy or devious. Again, if the proper documentation is signed it is legal and it is binding. Would I allow it in my stores, no. Is it legal however? Absolutely.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm not sure I could be a car salesman. Seems like a lot of pressure. I remember when I went and bought my last car, the salesman looked like he just got a last minute call from the governor to spare his life. He was sweating bullets when we were doing the paperwork, I think he didn't want to screw anything up at the last minute and blow his sale. I think the dealership had been having a tough time, the guy damn near hugged me. I don't know how they do it, seems like it would take a LOT of patience, and some finesse, plus they get such a bad rap.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I'm not sure I could be a car salesman. Seems like a lot of pressure. I remember when I went and bought my last car, the salesman looked like he just got a last minute call from the governor to spare his life. He was sweating bullets when we were doing the paperwork, I think he didn't want to screw anything up at the last minute and blow his sale. I think the dealership had been having a tough time, the guy damn near hugged me. I don't know how they do it, seems like it would take a LOT of patience, and some finesse, plus they get such a bad rap.

WE do get a bad rap. Kind of like lawyers but it just goes with the territory. People who are not involved with the car business have ZERO idea how legally scutinized and regulated the business is.

Most people watch the movie Used Cars or watch some 9 minute investigative clip on the news and assume this is the way 100% of the dealers operate when in actuality the dealers who do attempt doing things illegally pay stiff fines the first time...the second they lose their franchise. Here in Smalbany we had one of the Nissan franchises pulled because of some fraudelant things attempted. They were forced to sell.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Just change it yourself.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i have a good dealer, they don't do anything but change the oil. :lol:

woman took her car to penzoil once and they told her she needed new wipers. i had just put on a pair the week before. i called them up and called them out on it. fuckers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Just change it yourself.

with a coupon it's cheaper to let the dealer do it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Just find a good 'mom and pop' type garage and stop being in such a hurry.

Damn 30 minutes, think of what you could've done in that lost time(eg. lose a couple of poker tourneys).
    #FHP