Options

Youngest Pearl Jam Fan

kramyeliabkramyeliab Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I took my 5yr old boy to Brisbane 1 that was his first ever rock concert & what a concert I just wanted to know if this is some sort of age record. The best ever brisbane crowd i've been apart of. I saw U2 on tuesday night different types of shows but pearl jam just kicked their ass.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    there was definitely a few ~1 yr olds @ the gorge
  • Options
    I saw a woman with a young toddler in San Fran... sorry, you should have started him younger :D
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    I would say Meddledeal's future baby, Chloe....=) Meddle has gone to I think 7 shows while she has been pregnant....hahahahah....=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Options
    Gen5 wrote:
    I would say Meddledeal's future baby, Chloe....=) Meddle has gone to I think 7 shows while she has been pregnant....hahahahah....=)

haha yes she has!!...the day that kid is born and PJ is in the area...that kid will be in a stadium of thousands for PJ

i took my little cousin to go see them when he was like 6 or 7, he's obsessed with them
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    One year old fans..come on..you guys are tripin'...
    Fans mean you understand music, lyrics, feel the vibe..those babies were forced to attend the show, not to mention the noise they had to take...
    Personaly I think you are not a good parent if you drag your children with you on a concert and whipering in their ears;: isn't that great???Its like raping them...
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Fans mean you understand music, lyrics, feel the vibe..those babies were forced to attend the show, not to mention the noise they had to take...
    Personaly I think you are not a good parent if you drag your children with you on a concert and whipering in their ears;: isn't that great???Its like raping them...

I agree with your quote apart from the last four words, using such an analogy is just ignorant...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383

Get off your high-horse! you have no idea. Little ones "feel the vibe" of lots of music(from Barney to Pearl Jam) I can see taking youngens to some venues. The gorge shows are not loud if you sit on the grass up the hill. In fact the gorge shows were not that loud up front.
  • Options
    I am the proud parent of a 4 year old who loves to listen to PJ with me. We constantly have it playing in the house and in the car... watching videos, etc. She is a big fan of a lot of their music, and I look forward to the day I can take her to a show. I thought about taking her this year, and then thought about the reality of it, and decided that this is not the right time. In fact, that day will not be in the near future - and there are many reasons for this decision:

-First of all, the decibal level at the shows is too high for her ears. I wouldn't want her young ears to be damaged by the volume of the concerts.

- Secondly, we all know that Eddie likes to use some language that is not part of her vocabulary. She is at an age where I am sure she will soon hear words that I would prefer her not to hear. While I am realistic about this, I am also confident that I don't want to put her in a place where she will hear a role model using those words, and then emulate them. This is also why I am extraordinarily careful about the boots that I play around her and my other young daughter.

- Thirdly, I have yet to be at a show where somoene within 2 seats of me in one direction or another is not getting high throughout the show. I don't need a 4 year old with a contact high.

- Also, the shows are late enough at night that she will hit a wall long before the band does. It's not like she can curl up on a chair and take a nap during a cranking version of Spin the Black Circle. And should she manage to close her eyes around the first encore, I imagine that my focus would shift from the show to my sleeping angel, and that would impact my ability to groove.

There are other reasons, as well... but these are some that played into MY decision. Instead, I captured some snippets of video from the show on my cell phone, and have played them for her a zillion times. She is just as happy, and I feel better for having made the decision that I made. I am not passing judgement, but this is what works for me in my family, and I am glad I made the decision I made.

PEACE!!!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444

My mom was a tour manager when I was a kid and I always loved it when she let me come along for gigs. I have great memories from that time and my ears are just fine.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405

"it's like raping them".....what an ignorant statement!!!! I wonder what Eddie thinks considering Olivia is next to the stage when he performs most of the time!!

I just can't believe you said that, that is really disturbing......
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    My wife was 5 months pregnant at the Las Vegas show this year. My wife kicks ass. That is all.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    ycckkycckk Posts: 23
    my 6 year daughter...was singing "WWS" in 1st grade last week. Most proud of her grabbing a golf-club and playing air-guitar to "Given to Fly" last week.
  • Options
    ycckk wrote:
    my 6 year daughter...was singing "WWS" in 1st grade last week. Most proud of her grabbing a golf-club and playing air-guitar to "Given to Fly" last week.

That's really great, it sounds like she going to the "school of Rock"....What were the teachers saying about the performance??
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    pjhunz28pjhunz28 Posts: 206
    The show i went to in 2003 I was pregnant with my now almost 3 year old daughter :) and she already cant wait to go to another show....she watches the DVD's with me
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    I have a 2 year old son that knows almost all the lyrics to Severed Hand, and we watch the Saturday Night Live and Letterman performances I have saved on the DVR at least 3 times a week. The other day we were late leaving the house and I told him we couldn't watch 'em and he was screaming and throwing a fit....
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.